- CT, MRI and ultrasound imaging was at its highest between 2000 and 2006, which has steadily grown over the years.
- 2012-2016 there was 1-5% growth each year in both the U.S. and Ontario.
- From 2009-2013 CT use decreased for children in the U.S. and has been stable since 2013, numbers reduced for this cohort in 2006 in Ontario.
- There is a higher imaging rate of use in the U.S. compared to Ontario, however, this gap is reducing.
- Eg for older adults in 2016:
- U.S.: 51 MRIs per 1000 patients
- Ontario: 32 MRIs per 1000 patients
- Imaging use increased shortly after decreasing.
- eg the rate of increase was:
- 2000-2005: 95%
- 2006-2011: 0.9%
- Last 5 years: 3%
- Slightly higher rates for imaging use for mixed services compared to fully integrated services.
Medical Imaging Rates Continue to Rise
Published on : Thu, 5 Sep 2019
A better 3D™ breast screening experience – for everyone. The new 3Dimensions™ system is designed to provide higher quality 3D™ images for radiologists, a more comfortable mammography experience for patients and enhanced workflow for technologists....
BioZorb® 3D Bioabsorbable Marker The BioZorb® is a 3D implantable marker that consists of a spiral, bioabsorbable framework embedded with 6 permanent, titanium clips designed to precisely mark your surgical excision site. Designed to improve outcomes...
Superb Low Dose CT SCENARIA View continues its evolution for doctors, operators and patients, driving you ahead with a superb low dose CT. Hitachi’s Intelli IPV technology with Visual Modeling enables both, significant noise and dose...
Introducing a new chapter in ultrasound visualization technology. X-Porte was developed from the ground up to incorporate a breakthrough, proprietary beam-forming technology: XDI (Extreme Definition Imaging). This signal analysis algorithm shapes...
Expertly designed to optimize productivity ARIETTA 65 has been designed to perform quick and precise diagnosis in general imaging without compromising on productivity and workflow. This ultrasound platform combines productivity, enhanced tools...