- CT, MRI and ultrasound imaging was at its highest between 2000 and 2006, which has steadily grown over the years.
- 2012-2016 there was 1-5% growth each year in both the U.S. and Ontario.
- From 2009-2013 CT use decreased for children in the U.S. and has been stable since 2013, numbers reduced for this cohort in 2006 in Ontario.
- There is a higher imaging rate of use in the U.S. compared to Ontario, however, this gap is reducing.
- Eg for older adults in 2016:
- U.S.: 51 MRIs per 1000 patients
- Ontario: 32 MRIs per 1000 patients
- Imaging use increased shortly after decreasing.
- eg the rate of increase was:
- 2000-2005: 95%
- 2006-2011: 0.9%
- Last 5 years: 3%
- Slightly higher rates for imaging use for mixed services compared to fully integrated services.
Medical Imaging Rates Continue to Rise
Published on : Thu, 5 Sep 2019
Expertly designed to optimize productivity ARIETTA 65 has been designed to perform quick and precise diagnosis in general imaging without compromising on productivity and workflow. This ultrasound platform combines productivity, enhanced tools...
THE VEVO MD IS THE WORLD’S FIRST ULTRA HIGH FREQUENCY ULTRASOUND SYSTEM DESIGNED FOR CLINICAL USE WITH FREQUENCIES UP TO 70 MHz. This groundbreaking technology opens up new possibilities for medical imaging that have never been seen before. Whether...
The iViz is a lightweight Point Of Care (POC) ultrasound solution, specifically designed for emerging sub-segments where there is need for a highly accessible and mobile solution that is capable throughout key areas of the patient care path. The iViz...
Better detection. Clinically superior. Low dose.** What if we could find breast cancers earlier? See lesions more clearly? Reduce the number of unnecessary biopsies? Questions like these inspired Hologic researchers and scientists to develop Hologic...
The SonoSite EDGE II is a high-resolution, all-digital, 9.0-pound (4.1 kg) ultrasound system with a 12.1in. LED full-bleed glass display. The Edge II boosts improvements in cardiac and abdominal image quality through DirectClear Technology and a new...