- CT, MRI and ultrasound imaging was at its highest between 2000 and 2006, which has steadily grown over the years.
- 2012-2016 there was 1-5% growth each year in both the U.S. and Ontario.
- From 2009-2013 CT use decreased for children in the U.S. and has been stable since 2013, numbers reduced for this cohort in 2006 in Ontario.
- There is a higher imaging rate of use in the U.S. compared to Ontario, however, this gap is reducing.
- Eg for older adults in 2016:
- U.S.: 51 MRIs per 1000 patients
- Ontario: 32 MRIs per 1000 patients
- Imaging use increased shortly after decreasing.
- eg the rate of increase was:
- 2000-2005: 95%
- 2006-2011: 0.9%
- Last 5 years: 3%
- Slightly higher rates for imaging use for mixed services compared to fully integrated services.
Medical Imaging Rates Continue to Rise
Published on : Thu, 5 Sep 2019
The SonoSite SII features a new touchscreen user interface with a clinician-driven menu logic that adaptively adjusts to your imaging needs – “what you need, is what you see”. An embedded dual transducer connector allows you to quickly switch between...
The Next Evolution in Ultrasound, designed for high expectations ARIETTA 850 SE ultrasound platform responds to high expectations to answer the ever increasing demands of medical professionals. ARIETTA 850 SE’s fundamental performance has been...
RDM // Radiation Dose Monitor Increasing the serenity of healthcare professionals by ensuring the radiation protection of patients What is RDM? Medsquare’s Radiation Dose Monitor (RDM) is a DACS (Dose Archiving and Communication System):...
A better 3D™ breast screening experience – for everyone. The new 3Dimensions™ system is designed to provide higher quality 3D™ images for radiologists, a more comfortable mammography experience for patients and enhanced workflow for technologists....
About the Affirm® breast biopsy guidance system Our passion to offer innovative interventional tools that advance breast health fueled the development of the Affirm breast biopsy guidance system. This simple add-on to any Hologic 3D Mammography™-capable...