- CT, MRI and ultrasound imaging was at its highest between 2000 and 2006, which has steadily grown over the years.
- 2012-2016 there was 1-5% growth each year in both the U.S. and Ontario.
- From 2009-2013 CT use decreased for children in the U.S. and has been stable since 2013, numbers reduced for this cohort in 2006 in Ontario.
- There is a higher imaging rate of use in the U.S. compared to Ontario, however, this gap is reducing.
- Eg for older adults in 2016:
- U.S.: 51 MRIs per 1000 patients
- Ontario: 32 MRIs per 1000 patients
- Imaging use increased shortly after decreasing.
- eg the rate of increase was:
- 2000-2005: 95%
- 2006-2011: 0.9%
- Last 5 years: 3%
- Slightly higher rates for imaging use for mixed services compared to fully integrated services.
Medical Imaging Rates Continue to Rise
Published on : Thu, 5 Sep 2019
A breakthrough in biopsy efficiency The Brevera system streamlines the entire breast biopsy process from start to finish – with real-time imaging for instant verification and automated post-biopsy specimen handling. This has the potential to...
X-Insight is an insightful solution to envision more. Mindray’s brand-new solution is an excellent transforming of continuous customer insights into clinical needs, combined with evolving cutting-edge ultrasound technologies. As an intimate...
Remarkable image quality, right at the point of care. The Trident system revolutionizes breast tissue imaging by incorporating a micro-focused tube, unique specimen image processing algorithms and amorphous selenium direct digital detector. The...
The iViz is a lightweight Point Of Care (POC) ultrasound solution, specifically designed for emerging sub-segments where there is need for a highly accessible and mobile solution that is capable throughout key areas of the patient care path. The iViz...
A better 3D™ breast screening experience – for everyone. The new 3Dimensions™ system is designed to provide higher quality 3D™ images for radiologists, a more comfortable mammography experience for patients and enhanced workflow for technologists....