A proven solution that enables physicians to provide an efficient, accurate and compassionate ultrasound breast biopsy.
The ATEC system is:
- Multiple tissues samples with a single insertion.
- Tissue acquisition occurs every 4.5 seconds, typically lasting less than 30 seconds total.1
- Easily delivers local anesthetic without interruption.
- Combination of saline lavage and consistent aspiration helps ensure a core with every cycle.²
- Closed system reduces contamination risk.
- Fully disposable device and tubing minimize staff and patient exposure to biohazards.
- Simple one minute setup and clean-up.
- No software required for user to program or operate the console.
- Saline lavage: Helps ensure consistent retrieval of high quality tissue samples.
- Y-Valve: Enables physicians to automatically or manually deliver local anesthetic directly to the biopsy site without interrupting the procedure.
- Standard ATEC biopsy device:
- Gauge: 9 or 12 gauge
- Length: 9 or 12 cm
- Aperture: 20 mm
- ATEC ultrasound introducer
Designed to improve access to the biopsy site under ultrasound guidance, offering additional simplicity in marker deployment with any of our end-deploy ultrasound site markers.
References: 1. K042290 2. Internal testing performed at Hologic and maintained in PLM system