Better detection. Clinically superior. Low dose.**
What if we could find breast cancers earlier? See lesions more clearly? Reduce the number of unnecessary biopsies?
Questions like these inspired Hologic researchers and scientists to develop Hologic 3D Mammography™ technology. With the introduction of Selenia Dimensions, we launched the first commercially available system that delivers on the extraordinary promise of breast tomosynthesis.
Over half of the U.S. News and World Report top 20 cancer hospitals offer Hologic 3D Mammography™ technology. More than five million women to date in the United States have already been screened with this life-changing technology, which is now available in 50 states and in over 50 countries.
Selenia Dimensions system's Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam: Simply a better mammogram.
Hologic has always been at the forefront of breast cancer screening and offers the first breast tomosynthesis technology with proven superior clinical performance to 2D mammography.1,4 The revolutionary Selenia Dimensions system, which has set the standard in mammography screening, provides:
- Exceptionally sharp images.
- Seamless transition between imaging modes.
- Sophisticated user tools that simplify operation.
- Advanced clinical applications.
- The world's first and only tomosynthesis-guided biopsy.
- Ergonomic design for patient comfort and ease of operation.
In addition, the Selenia Dimensions system's Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam offers the only breast tomosynthesis technology with the following advantages over 2D mammography, proving that not all tomo is the same:
- Proven to detect 20%-65% more invasive breast cancers compared to 2D alone, an average increase of 41%.1
- Proven to reduce callbacks by up to 40% compared to 2D alone.2-3
- FDA approved as superior for women with dense breasts compared to 2D alone.2,4
Fast, low dose and clinically superior, compared to 2D. 3D Mammography™ exams: Powered by C-View™ software.
Hologic has further advanced breast cancer screening by producing 2D images from breast tomosynthesis data using C-View software, resulting in a Low Dose Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam with superior clinical performance compared with 2D alone.4
This Low Dose Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam is performed in a rapid 3.7-second scan time for greater patient comfort and low patient dose, due to the elimination of 2D X-ray exposures. The synthetic 2D images and 3D™ slices are reviewed together to make clinical decisions or diagnoses part of the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ screening exam.
The Selenia Dimensions system is available in multiple packages and options to meet your facility's unique needs, all without compromising clinical performance:
- Selenia Dimensions 3000 - The evergreen 2D system that offers the benchmark Hologic customers expect, with essential ergonomics and functional workflow features at an attractive price. Plus, the Selenia Dimensions system 3000 package offers the agility to evolve with you.
- Selenia Dimensions 3D™ Performance System - The 3D™ system that offers the benchmark Hologic customers expect, with essential ergonomics and functional workflow features, as well as the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam, at an attractive price.
- Selenia Dimensions 6000 - The 2D/3D™ system that redefines ergonomics, matched with the perfect balance of enhanced workflow features, taking your performance to the next level.
- Selenia Dimensions 9000 - The premium 2D/3D™ system that delivers on high performance through its outstanding, optimal ergonomics and elevated, intelligent workflow features that amplify your performance.
Streamlining workflow, the Selenia Dimensions system performs the imaging of tomorrow, today. All configurations offer the following features.
- Images that can be instantly viewed on a 2MP or 3MP DICOM-calibrated display, providing exceptionally fine detail.
- Allows prior breast imaging studies to be recalled, making it possible to view new and prior images side-by-side.
Optimized face shield:
- Retractable to help when positioning patients.
- Stationary during 3D™ imaging, allowing patients to be positioned as they are for 2D imaging.
FAST Paddle™ system:
- Conforms to natural contours of the breast, providing greater comfort to the patient and more even compression across the entire breast.
- All paddles used for 2D and 3D™ imaging.
Streamlined tube head:
- Streamlined tube head and ample source-to-image distance (SID) of 70 cm, making positioning easier and providing more space for interventional procedures.
Multiple procedure modes:
- 2D mammography
- Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam
- Low Dose Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam
- 3D Mammography™ only
- 2D or 3D™ biopsy with the Affirm® breast biopsy guidance system
- I-View™ software for contrast enhanced 2D imaging
Each system is capable of interventional procedures using the Affirm breast biopsy guidance system. The system offers both stereotactic and 3D™ biopsy procedure options.*
*Additional purchase may be required.
Women's Health Community Supported by Hologic
Comprehensive information on women’s health issues and management, management and personalisation.
Enterprise Imaging Community
Advanced and scalable radiology solutions that can help improve care coordination, increase speed and facilitate accurate clinical decisions.
Decision Support Community Supported by Siemens Healthineers
Leading the way in highlighting useful and efficient decision support tools for improved patient outcomes.
Sepsis Community Supported by Abionic
Addressing the latest developments in sepsis and providing clinically useful information for diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Contrast Agent Shortage Sends Ripples through Radiology
Radiology departments react to a shortage of iodinated contrast media... Read more
The Nursing Workforce Needs Greater Investment
The International Council of Nurses (ICN) released its International Nurses... Read more
Telehealth Follow-up Compares Well to In-Person Care For Chronic Conditions
A Johns Hopkins University study compared in-person and telehealth ambulat Read more
JOIN OUR MANAGEMENT COMMUNITY
Study Reveals Comedy, AI, and Self-Care Can Quickly Boost Patient Mental Health
Dramatic Reduction in Depression, Stress, and Anxiety Reported... Read more
SKIA Develops SKIA_Breast, AR Navigation on Patient Body for Doctors
SKIA Co., Ltd. (CEO Lee Jong-Myung) has introduced an innovative technology Read more
GE Healthcare and Medtronic Announce a Collaboration to Meet Growing Need for Outpatient Case
Providing excellent care inside and outside of the traditional hospital... Read more
Breaking Down the Barriers to Clinical Connectivity in Cardiology
The COVID-19 pandemic didn't create the universe of clinical connectivity... Read more
New JAMA Article Highlights the Outcome and Safety Benefits of Remote Patient Monitoring
Masimo SafetyNet® Reduced Mortality Among COVID-19 Patients... Read more
Sectra wins four 2022 Best in KLAS awards in the US, Canada, and Asia/Oceania
International medical imaging IT and cybersecurity company Sectra Read more
Ortho’s VITROS® B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Assay For Sepsis Now Available
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics , a global leader of in vitro diagnostics dedicated... Read more
New Fluoroscopy System From Siemens Healthineers Combines Industry-Leading Fluoroscopy & Radiography
Journées Francophones de Radiologie Diagnostique & Interventionnelle... Read more
IHI Adds Renowned Leaders in Patient Safety, Public Health to Board of Directors
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) has added two new mem Read more
Prof Fausto J Pinto: New HealthManagement.org Cardiology Editor-In-Chief
HealthManagement.org is proud to welcome Prof Fausto J Pinto as our new... Read more
physIQ Announces New Executive Appointments to Advance Digital Health Market Commercialization
John Wilson joins physIQ to drive revenue growth in the life sciences... Read more
Volpara Health Announces Leadership Changes
Ralph Highnam, founder, transitions from Chief Executive Officer to... Read more
Envision Healthcare Announces New Addition to Leadership Team
Envision Healthcare, a leading national medical group, today announced... Read more
Polarean Imaging Appoints Former GE Healthcare Exec as Independent Director
Frank Schulkes’ last appointment was as CFO of ConvaTec Group, the FTSE... Read more
JOIN OUR MANAGEMENT COMMUNITY
JOIN OUR MANAGEMENT COMMUNITY