Better detection. Clinically superior. Low dose.**
What if we could find breast cancers earlier? See lesions more clearly? Reduce the number of unnecessary biopsies?
Questions like these inspired Hologic researchers and scientists to develop Hologic 3D Mammography™ technology. With the introduction of Selenia Dimensions, we launched the first commercially available system that delivers on the extraordinary promise of breast tomosynthesis.
Over half of the U.S. News and World Report top 20 cancer hospitals offer Hologic 3D Mammography™ technology. More than five million women to date in the United States have already been screened with this life-changing technology, which is now available in 50 states and in over 50 countries.
Selenia Dimensions system's Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam: Simply a better mammogram.
Hologic has always been at the forefront of breast cancer screening and offers the first breast tomosynthesis technology with proven superior clinical performance to 2D mammography.1,4 The revolutionary Selenia Dimensions system, which has set the standard in mammography screening, provides:
- Exceptionally sharp images.
- Seamless transition between imaging modes.
- Sophisticated user tools that simplify operation.
- Advanced clinical applications.
- The world's first and only tomosynthesis-guided biopsy.
- Ergonomic design for patient comfort and ease of operation.
In addition, the Selenia Dimensions system's Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam offers the only breast tomosynthesis technology with the following advantages over 2D mammography, proving that not all tomo is the same:
- Proven to detect 20%-65% more invasive breast cancers compared to 2D alone, an average increase of 41%.1
- Proven to reduce callbacks by up to 40% compared to 2D alone.2-3
- FDA approved as superior for women with dense breasts compared to 2D alone.2,4
Fast, low dose and clinically superior, compared to 2D. 3D Mammography™ exams: Powered by C-View™ software.
Hologic has further advanced breast cancer screening by producing 2D images from breast tomosynthesis data using C-View software, resulting in a Low Dose Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam with superior clinical performance compared with 2D alone.4
This Low Dose Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam is performed in a rapid 3.7-second scan time for greater patient comfort and low patient dose, due to the elimination of 2D X-ray exposures. The synthetic 2D images and 3D™ slices are reviewed together to make clinical decisions or diagnoses part of the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ screening exam.
The Selenia Dimensions system is available in multiple packages and options to meet your facility's unique needs, all without compromising clinical performance:
- Selenia Dimensions 3000 - The evergreen 2D system that offers the benchmark Hologic customers expect, with essential ergonomics and functional workflow features at an attractive price. Plus, the Selenia Dimensions system 3000 package offers the agility to evolve with you.
- Selenia Dimensions 3D™ Performance System - The 3D™ system that offers the benchmark Hologic customers expect, with essential ergonomics and functional workflow features, as well as the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam, at an attractive price.
- Selenia Dimensions 6000 - The 2D/3D™ system that redefines ergonomics, matched with the perfect balance of enhanced workflow features, taking your performance to the next level.
- Selenia Dimensions 9000 - The premium 2D/3D™ system that delivers on high performance through its outstanding, optimal ergonomics and elevated, intelligent workflow features that amplify your performance.
Streamlining workflow, the Selenia Dimensions system performs the imaging of tomorrow, today. All configurations offer the following features.
- Images that can be instantly viewed on a 2MP or 3MP DICOM-calibrated display, providing exceptionally fine detail.
- Allows prior breast imaging studies to be recalled, making it possible to view new and prior images side-by-side.
Optimized face shield:
- Retractable to help when positioning patients.
- Stationary during 3D™ imaging, allowing patients to be positioned as they are for 2D imaging.
FAST Paddle™ system:
- Conforms to natural contours of the breast, providing greater comfort to the patient and more even compression across the entire breast.
- All paddles used for 2D and 3D™ imaging.
Streamlined tube head:
- Streamlined tube head and ample source-to-image distance (SID) of 70 cm, making positioning easier and providing more space for interventional procedures.
Multiple procedure modes:
- 2D mammography
- Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam
- Low Dose Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam
- 3D Mammography™ only
- 2D or 3D™ biopsy with the Affirm® breast biopsy guidance system
- I-View™ software for contrast enhanced 2D imaging
Each system is capable of interventional procedures using the Affirm breast biopsy guidance system. The system offers both stereotactic and 3D™ biopsy procedure options.*
*Additional purchase may be required.
Women's Health Community Supported by Hologic
Comprehensive information on women’s health issues and management, management and personalisation.
Enterprise Imaging Community
Advanced and scalable radiology solutions that can help improve care coordination, increase speed and facilitate accurate clinical decisions.
Decision Support Community
Leading the way in highlighting useful and efficient decision support tools for improved patient outcomes.
Sepsis Community Supported by Abionic
Addressing the latest developments in sepsis and providing clinically useful information for diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Cero Generation Launches 70MW Agrivoltaic Project in Italy with Support from Philips & HEINEKEN
Cero Generation’s 70MW agrivoltaic solar PV project in Province of Latina... Read more
Agamon Health Partners with Mayo Clinic to Bridge Cardiology Gaps Using AI Know-How
Agamon Health's Patient Adherence platform is aimed at raising standards... Read more
Hologic & Bayer Partner for Global Enhanced Mammography Solutions to Imaging Centers
Partnership Includes Education and Training to Increase Clinician Confidence... Read more
Breast cancer: more cases detected with the help of AI
One radiologist supported by AI detected more cases of breast cancer... Read more
Championing Billions of Women Through the Hologic Global Women’s Health Index
The invitation proved too momentous to pass up. It arrived as... Read more
JOIN OUR MANAGEMENT COMMUNITY
MediView Announces New Board Member
MediView is pleased to announce the addition of Karley Yoder as a new... Read more
Foldax Appoints Scott Huennekens to Board of Directors
Foldax®, Inc. has announced the appointment of medical device veteran... Read more
Dr Gregor Smith: Scotland’s New Interim CMO
Dr Gregor Smith has been appointed Scotland's interim Chief Medical... Read more
NICE Appoints New CEO
The UK’s National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)... Read more
John Ormiston Awarded the EuroPCR 2017 Ethica Award
The 2017 Ethica Award, the highest honour of the European cardiovascular... Read more
JOIN OUR MANAGEMENT COMMUNITY