Better detection. Clinically superior. Low dose.**
What if we could find breast cancers earlier? See lesions more clearly? Reduce the number of unnecessary biopsies?
Questions like these inspired Hologic researchers and scientists to develop Hologic 3D Mammography™ technology. With the introduction of Selenia Dimensions, we launched the first commercially available system that delivers on the extraordinary promise of breast tomosynthesis.
Over half of the U.S. News and World Report top 20 cancer hospitals offer Hologic 3D Mammography™ technology. More than five million women to date in the United States have already been screened with this life-changing technology, which is now available in 50 states and in over 50 countries.
Selenia Dimensions system's Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam: Simply a better mammogram.
Hologic has always been at the forefront of breast cancer screening and offers the first breast tomosynthesis technology with proven superior clinical performance to 2D mammography.1,4 The revolutionary Selenia Dimensions system, which has set the standard in mammography screening, provides:
- Exceptionally sharp images.
- Seamless transition between imaging modes.
- Sophisticated user tools that simplify operation.
- Advanced clinical applications.
- The world's first and only tomosynthesis-guided biopsy.
- Ergonomic design for patient comfort and ease of operation.
In addition, the Selenia Dimensions system's Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam offers the only breast tomosynthesis technology with the following advantages over 2D mammography, proving that not all tomo is the same:
- Proven to detect 20%-65% more invasive breast cancers compared to 2D alone, an average increase of 41%.1
- Proven to reduce callbacks by up to 40% compared to 2D alone.2-3
- FDA approved as superior for women with dense breasts compared to 2D alone.2,4
Fast, low dose and clinically superior, compared to 2D. 3D Mammography™ exams: Powered by C-View™ software.
Hologic has further advanced breast cancer screening by producing 2D images from breast tomosynthesis data using C-View software, resulting in a Low Dose Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam with superior clinical performance compared with 2D alone.4
This Low Dose Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam is performed in a rapid 3.7-second scan time for greater patient comfort and low patient dose, due to the elimination of 2D X-ray exposures. The synthetic 2D images and 3D™ slices are reviewed together to make clinical decisions or diagnoses part of the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ screening exam.
The Selenia Dimensions system is available in multiple packages and options to meet your facility's unique needs, all without compromising clinical performance:
- Selenia Dimensions 3000 - The evergreen 2D system that offers the benchmark Hologic customers expect, with essential ergonomics and functional workflow features at an attractive price. Plus, the Selenia Dimensions system 3000 package offers the agility to evolve with you.
- Selenia Dimensions 3D™ Performance System - The 3D™ system that offers the benchmark Hologic customers expect, with essential ergonomics and functional workflow features, as well as the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam, at an attractive price.
- Selenia Dimensions 6000 - The 2D/3D™ system that redefines ergonomics, matched with the perfect balance of enhanced workflow features, taking your performance to the next level.
- Selenia Dimensions 9000 - The premium 2D/3D™ system that delivers on high performance through its outstanding, optimal ergonomics and elevated, intelligent workflow features that amplify your performance.
Streamlining workflow, the Selenia Dimensions system performs the imaging of tomorrow, today. All configurations offer the following features.
- Images that can be instantly viewed on a 2MP or 3MP DICOM-calibrated display, providing exceptionally fine detail.
- Allows prior breast imaging studies to be recalled, making it possible to view new and prior images side-by-side.
Optimized face shield:
- Retractable to help when positioning patients.
- Stationary during 3D™ imaging, allowing patients to be positioned as they are for 2D imaging.
FAST Paddle™ system:
- Conforms to natural contours of the breast, providing greater comfort to the patient and more even compression across the entire breast.
- All paddles used for 2D and 3D™ imaging.
Streamlined tube head:
- Streamlined tube head and ample source-to-image distance (SID) of 70 cm, making positioning easier and providing more space for interventional procedures.
Multiple procedure modes:
- 2D mammography
- Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam
- Low Dose Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam
- 3D Mammography™ only
- 2D or 3D™ biopsy with the Affirm® breast biopsy guidance system
- I-View™ software for contrast enhanced 2D imaging
Each system is capable of interventional procedures using the Affirm breast biopsy guidance system. The system offers both stereotactic and 3D™ biopsy procedure options.*
*Additional purchase may be required.
Women's Health Community Supported by Hologic
Comprehensive information on women’s health issues and management, management and personalisation.
Enterprise Imaging Community Supported by Agfa Healthcare
Advanced and scalable radiology solutions that can help improve care coordination, increase speed and facilitate accurate clinical decisions.
Decision Support Community Supported by Siemens Healthineers
Leading the way in highlighting useful and efficient decision support tools for improved patient outcomes.
Use of Lung Ultrasound in COVID-19: ESR Issues Report
The European Society of Radiology (ESR) has released a new report about... Read more
Effect of COVID-19 Vaccine Against Delta Variant
The Delta variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19 has contributed... Read more
Dealing with Data: How to Build a Statistical Surveillance Dashboard for COVID-19
When a major national or global health crisis or pandemic such as the... Read more
JOIN OUR MANAGEMENT COMMUNITY
Affidea Expands in Italy, Lombardy region, Through Acquisition of Centro Radiologico Lodigiano
Affidea , the leading European provider of diagnostic imaging, outpatient Read more
Mindray Launches The New SV300 Pro Ventilator, Introducing a Major Upgrade to its Popular Model
Mindray , a global leader in developing and providing advanced medical... Read more
EFRS and EuSoMII Announce Partnership and Sign a Memorandum of Understanding
The European Society of Medical Imaging Informatics (EuSoMII) and t Read more
DMEA 2021: A week of digital health
What IT solutions are there that can help to combat the pandemic? How... Read more
Leeds Hospitals Improve Image Sharing Across Yorkshire With Agfa HealthCare’s Enterprise Imaging
Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (LTHT) has successfully implemented... Read more
Break Through Your Workflow Barriers With 3DQuorum™. Our Highest Resolution 3D™ Imaging, Faster
At Hologic , we understand the importance of reducing imaging interpretati Read more
1,000+ Peer Reviewed Publications Confirm Trust In Most Popular Finger Blood Pressure Method
We are happy to announce that to date our CNAP® technology for Read more
New Fluoroscopy System From Siemens Healthineers Combines Industry-Leading Fluoroscopy & Radiography
Journées Francophones de Radiologie Diagnostique & Interventionnelle... Read more
New AMA President: Dr Susan Bailey
The 175th president of the American Medical Association (AMA),... Read more
Oliver Reichardt, RCR‘s New Chief Executive
As of May 4, Oliver Reichardt is new Chief Executive of t he... Read more
Dr. Sebastian Krolop appointed Chief Operating & Strategy Officer of HIMSS
Dr. Sebastian Krolop, M.D., Ph.D., M. Sc. has recently been appointed the... Read more
Dr. Paul Wischmeyer earns prestigious FASPEN award
The American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN) has... Read more
John Ormiston Awarded the EuroPCR 2017 Ethica Award
The 2017 Ethica Award, the highest honour of the European cardiovascular... Read more
Gamma Medica Bolsters Executive Team to Support Fight Against Breast Cancer
Gamma Medica, a leader in molecular breast imaging (MBI) technology, announced... Read more
JOIN OUR MANAGEMENT COMMUNITY
JOIN OUR MANAGEMENT COMMUNITY