Thanks to its continuing effort in innovations, Mindray is proud to introduce a new breakthrough in speckle reduction called iClearTM adaptive image processing.
Speckle, an inherent imaging artifact, has been a major obstacle to further differentiate desired anatomy with ultrasound systems. The implementation of iClearTM realizes aggressive suppression of speckle patterns, bringing you a clear vision of ultrasound images with benefits in the following aspects.
- Noise : Significantly reduced speckle noise for better tissue differentiation.
- Edge : Enhanced margin definition for increased diagnostic accuracy.
- Contrast : Improved contrast resolution without compromising spatial resolution.
Various levels of speckle reduction can be selected with the iClearTM algorithm:
- Level 1 to level 4 from low to high speckle reduction settings
- Satisfying visual preference of different users
Different levels iClearTM on the same image are shown on the left figure, and the SNR was calculated for each level. It is clearly indicated that with the increase of the speckle reduction level:
- The speckle pattern is evidently suppressed, especially with level 4
- The SNR is significantly increased.
Benefiting from its adaptive nature, iClearTM wil help to visualize more tissues subtleties to improve diagnostic confidence; meanwhile, the operator dependence will be reduced and this will ultimately lead to more efficient patient throughput.