- The immediate detection and management of traumatic coagulopathy can improve the outcomes of severely injured patients.
- The guideline follows the management of severe trauma patients chronologically, focusing on preventing possible exsanguination.
- The structured recommendations in the guideline support measures that prioritise the optimisation of resources for bleeding control based on scientific evidence.
- Empirical management should not be implemented unless no method of monitoring bleeding and coagulation is available.
- The optimal organisation of the resuscitation team for bleeding trauma patients includes implementing these guidelines.
European Guidelines: Management of Bleeding, Coagulopathy Following Trauma
«« Two Shocks Better Than One?
Socioeconomic Status and Outcomes in Critical Care »»
Rossaint R, Afshari A, Bouillon B et al. (2023) The European guideline on management of major bleeding and coagulopathy following trauma: sixth edition. Crit Care. 27, 80.
Published on : Tue, 7 Mar 2023
IVD CAPSULE PSP
For Early Sepsis Detection
IVD CAPSULE PSP The IVD CAPSULE PSP is a rapid, single-use in vitro diagnostic test for the quantitative measurement of pancreatic stone protein (PSP) in blood. The test is intended to be used in conjunction with other clinical assessments and laboratory...
The safe access to the vascular system
NovaPort cannulas are designed specially to meet the needs of extracorporeal heart and lung support circuits and perioperative perfusion in minimally invasive heart surgery. All blood-contact surfaces of the NovaPort cannulas are coated with the bio-...
StatStrip® and StatStrip Xpress®2 Glucose/Ketone Meters
Not yet available in the U.S. The most extensively studied and proven glucose measurement technology In addition to studies submitted to the FDA, 168 other independent studies over the last eight years—including 53 critical care studies—have...
Point-of-care Laboratory Quality Test
OUR NANOFLUIDIC TECHNOLOGY REVOLUTIONISES POINT-OF-CARE IN VITRO DIAGNOSTIC SOLUTIONS Abionic’s nanotechnology is transforming today’s blood-testing standards by bringing laboratory quality to near-patient testing and simultaneously analysing...
Stat Profile Prime Plus®
Critical Care Analyzer
New Technologies Simplify Use and Offer Additional Tests Stat Profile Prime Plus is a comprehensive, whole blood critical care analyzer that combines blood gases, electrolytes, metabolites, CO-Oximetry, and 32 calculated results in a simple, compact...