Sliding microtome 8000 Bright Instrument
The 8000 retracting base sledge microtome offers the ultimate in versatility combined with strength, accuracy, reliability and, not least, safety.
Designed to meet the needs of the routine histology laboratory, the 8000 will also meet the more demanding requirements of the specialised unit where its versatility and wide range of accessories will guarantee that it becomes the first choice of the professional base sledge user.
The 8000 microtome is well suited to cutting a wide range of materials including bone, plastics, resins and wood as well as large area soft tissues and is the first of its kind to incorporate retraction on the return stroke.
- Easy to use base sledge retracting microtome complete with standard vice 60µm retraction on the return stroke prevents possible specimen damage
- Angled and slewable knife holder for greater versatility
- Accepts a range of knives and disposable blades
- Safety features include knife guards and low positioned operating handle
- Range of stages available
Cast mechanite, precision machined and finished with durable solvent and detergent proof coating
0-40 um in 1um increments, retraction operates on return stroke. Manual gross advance/rewind facility
+/-8°c horizontal and vertical (optional)
Specimen vice or quick release holder for cassettes, supercassettes and hardboard squares.
Maximum Specimen Size
250 x 110mm
Support arms reversible with slew facility. Angle tilt with indicator scale and full width knife guards. Single side double clamp facility is available as an optional feature
Handle designed to ensure maximum distance away from knife edge. Knife guards cover full width of knife
H325 x D610 x W260mm