BRAHMS PCT sensitive KRYPTOR
The technical and clinical reference standard for all B·R·A·H·M·S PCT assays.
All clinical cut-offs and algorithms were developed based on B·R·A·H·M·S PCT sensitive KRYPTOR.
Homogeneous immunoassay for the quantitative determination of PCT (Procalcitonin) in human serum or plasma on the automated Thermo Scientific B·R·A·H·M·S KRYPTOR random access analyser
Homogeneous immunoassay (sandwich principle) using TRACE technology (Time resolved amplified cryptate emission)
- Sample matrix: Serum, plasma (heparin, EDTA)
- Sample volume: 50 μL
- Incubation time: 19 min
- Direct measuring range: 0.02-50 μg/L
- Range with automatic dilution: 0.02-5000 μg/L
- Functional assay sensitivity: 0.06 μg/L
- Kit stability on board: 29 days
- Calibrator: 1 point
- Calibration stability: 15 days
The steps of the assay are as follows: dispense the conjugates and the sample into the wells and periodically measure the signal emitted. Should a sample present a concentration higher than that of the direct reading zone, it is detected in the first few seconds of incubation and will be diluted and assayed automatically.
- 50 μL of serum/plasma are automatically pipetted into the test tube
- Incubation for 19 min with continuous measurement
- In the case of high expected values, automatic dilution after a few minutes
- Automatic calculation of result by the system