Immunochromatographic point-of-care test for the determination of Procalcitonin (PCT) in serum and plasma
- One-step immunochromatographic assay (sandwich principle) using immunogold labelling
- Sample matrix: Serum or plasma
- Sample volume: 200 μL
- Incubation time: 30 min at room temperature (18-30 °C)
- Result: Semi-quantitative
- Measuring range: <0.5 μg/L, 0.5-2 μg/L, 2-10 μg/L, >10 μg/L
Reliability and reproducibility
Thermo Scientific™ B·R·A·H·M·S PCT™-Q shows a high degree of reliability and reproducibility in the determination of serum/ plasma PCT concentrations. Semi-quantitative concentration ranges obtained with Thermo Scientific B·R·A·H·M·S PCT-Q correlate closely with the quantitative results obtained with Thermo Scientific B·R·A·H·M·S PCT LIA.
Thermo Scientific B·R·A·H·M·S PCT-Q achieves 90-92% of diagnostic sensitivity and 92-98% of diagnostic specificity when compared with the clinical use of Thermo Scientific B·R·A·H·M·S PCT LIA.
For quantitative determination of PCT concentrations, e.g. for monitoring purposes, other (quantitative) assays like Thermo Scientific B·R·A·H·M·S PCT LIA are available. (Please contact Thermo Fisher Scientific (B·R·A·H·M·S GmbH) for information regarding assay availability in your country.)
- Pipette 200 μL of serum/plasma into the round cavity. Document the time on the reference card.
- Incubate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- After 30 minutes (max. 45 minutes), determine the PCT concentration range of the sample by comparing the colour intensity of the test band with the colour blocks of the reference card.