Personalising digital tools for people with learning disabilities: challenges and solutions
At this event, we will hear from clinicians, service users, carers and support workers about their journey to make technology a tool that works for every single user.
You will hear about:
- practical ways of adjusting a digital tool to the individual using it, to make them feel more comfortable in their path to more independence
- the importance of creative and empathetic attitudes in problem-solving in order to build tailored solutions
- evidence for the benefits of using digital tools for people with learning disabilities and some cautionary tales, too.
- ways to involve the person, their family and carers at an early stage and throughout the decision-making process
- the role of technology in promoting better health outcomes for people from disadvantaged groups and enhancing social inclusion.
Registration available online here
Programme available online here
Tue, 8 Sep 2020 - Thu, 8 Oct 2020
Thu, 8 Oct 2020 - Thu, 8 Oct 2020
Mon, 19 Oct 2020 - Wed, 21 Oct 2020
South Brisbane, QLD 4101
Wed, 28 Oct 2020 - Thu, 29 Oct 2020
Chiba, Tokyo 286-0221
Wed, 2 Dec 2020 - Fri, 4 Dec 2020