Toshiba understands that pediatric patients require specialised imaging solutions and provides 360 degrees of coverage, guidance and expertise to help keep them safe. Imaging children has many challenges, due to their unique requirements compared with adults, which is why Toshiba has created comprehensive solutions for a variety of pediatric imaging needs across all its modalities:
- Superb Micro-Vascular Imaging (SMI) ultrasound technology: Allows clinicians to see smaller vessels, giving way to faster, non-invasive disease diagnosis and expanding the utility of ultrasound, which results in fewer ionizing procedures for safer pediatric care.
- Pediatric-friendly MRI: Toshiba’s patented Pianissimo™ technology significantly reduces the noise in and around the MRI environment, allowing for a safer and more comfortable exam for even the smallest patients. Toshiba’s Pediatric SPEEDER™ Coil Suite provides added flexibility for pediatric patients of a wide age range, helping to improve image quality. Additionally, Toshiba’s proprietary non-contrast techniques eliminate the need for contrast injections for certain procedures, for a safer and more pediatric-friendly exam.
- Interventional radiology: Toshiba’s Infinix™ bi-plane and single-plane labs have pediatric specific capabilities designed by pediatric interventionalists to ensure pediatric patients receive the safest exams possible. Spot Fluoroscopy with Last Image Hold, Toshiba’s award-winning Dose Tracking System (DTS) and Live Zoom fluoro and acquisition (at up to 2.4 times lower dose than traditional FOV changes) are all designed to minimise X-ray exposure while maintaining image quality.
- Safer X-ray exams: Toshiba’s RADREX™-i digital radiographic X-ray RexProtect features set a new standard of safety and lower dose for even the smallest patients.
- Low-dose CT exams: Advanced dose reduction technologies—like SUREExposure™ Pediatric for “child-size” exams, and AIDR 3D tolower dose while maintaining high image quality—help limit radiation exposure to more sensitive pediatric patients.
“Toshiba is committed to ensuring that pediatric patients have the safest imaging experience possible,” said Calum Cunningham, vice president, Marketing and Strategic Business Development, Toshiba. “By incorporating technologies that are aimed at reducing radiation exposure, creating safer X-ray exams, making our systems patient-friendly and more, we are improving pediatric safety and enhancing the overall patient experience.”
Source and image credit: Toshiba America Medical Systems