- DX-D 100 delivers mobile imaging excellence, with instant high-quality image capture and fast image validation, transfer and access, even by the bedside.
- It handles a broad range of general radiography X-ray studies, even for the least mobile patients.
- Higher image quality means potential dose reduction.
Agfa HealthCare announces that it will showcase the new features of its DX-D 100 mobile direct radiography (DR) solution at ECR 2015, Vienna, Austria, 4-8 March. Designed for mobile use, the DX-D 100 can handle a broad range of general radiography X-ray studies, even for the least mobile patients. The new functions support its ease of use, maneuverability, flexibility and hygiene.
With its very short exposure time, images are available and can be validated straight away after exposure, while the MUSICA image processing software offers superior contrast detail and exam-independent, consistent image quality. The high image quality means potential patient dose reduction, which is particularly welcome in pediatric and neonatal environments.
Easy handling and maneuvering on the go
Agfa HealthCare's compact, mobile DX-D 100 is a motorized and heavy-duty solution, ideal for coping with challenging imaging tasks. With the secondary controls on the system's arm, the DX-D 100 can be operated by a single person who can refine the positioning while staying next to the patient.
Only light pressure on the handle is needed to move the DX-D 100, making it maneuverable in just about any space, including very small rooms and narrow corridors. With the large wheels, mounting small steps is easier, as well.
The wireless capability increases the flexibility of the solution and its hygiene, as there are no trailing cables. These features make the DX-D 100 ideal for challenging imaging tasks, and especially in the ICU, pediatrics and neonatal units.
New features increase usability
At ECR 2015, visitors will be able to see the new features that continue to add value to this flexible mobile solution.
- A telescopic column increases visibility during driving: the user has an unobstructed view and can get to the patient more quickly and safely.
- The storage bin has been redesigned to be more robust, while "bagging" functionality and space for storing detector bags have been added.
- Three magnetic holders can be easily attached to the vertical column to hold a pack of gloves, bottle of hand sanitizer and pack of sanitary wipes, enhancing the convenience and hygiene.
"The DX-D 100 delivers wireless mobile imaging excellence, in a compact and maneuverable, yet robust solution," comments Louis Kuitenbrouwer, Vice-President Imaging division of Agfa HealthCare. "You can make images wherever needed in the hospital, improving patient comfort and workflow. The new features extend that flexibility and usability."
Source and image credit: Agfa HealthCare