Hologic, Inc. (Hologic or the Company) (Nasdaq: HOLX), a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium diagnostics products, medical imaging systems and surgical products dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of women, today announced its results for the third fiscal quarter ended June 23, 2012.
Highlights of the quarter include:
- Revenues of $470.2 million.
- Net income of $23.6 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, calculated in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Non-GAAP adjusted net income of $92.6 million, or $0.35 per diluted share, and adjusted EBITDA (non-GAAP adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) of $165.8 million.
- Breast Health revenues increased to $211.5 million in the current quarter compared to $205.2 million in the prior year, an increase of 3.1.
- Diagnostics revenues totaled $158.7 million in the current quarter compared to $143.4 million the prior year, an increase of 10.6%.
- GYN Surgical and Skeletal Health revenues declined slightly year-over-year by $1.7 million, or 2.1%, and $0.7 million, or 3.1%, respectively.
Highlights subsequent to the quarter include:
- We have received all required regulatory approvals and secured the necessary debt financing, subject to the execution of definitive documentation, for the acquisition of Gen-Probe. Approval by Gen-Probe stockholders is the last significant remaining condition to closing. The transaction is expected to close on or about August 1, 2012.
- Hologic's 3D Dimensions tomosynthesis, 2D Selenia, and 2D Dimensions mammography systems placed first, second, and third, respectively, in the mammography category in the KLAS annual survey of healthcare executives and clinicians.
- Hologic's Cervista HPV HR test approved in the Netherlands.