“At ECR, we continue to explore the world of radiology with determination, confidence and ambition, and we do so with style and elegance, in a uniquely European tradition”, says Professor Paul Parizel, President, European Society of Radiology and the European Congress of Radiology 2017. We couldn't have put it better ourselves!
1. The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its PartsA packed programme offers joint sessions with 16 subspecialty and allied societies, New Horizons, Professional Challenges, Multidisciplinary Sessions and much much more.
2. 2017 Congress Dedicated to YouthECR is always a popular destination for students and trainees - the ESR’s Invest in the Youth programme offered 1,000 free places and accommodation at the congress this year. In 2017 ECR promises more interactive sessions, a more prominent role for social media (#ECR2017), and topics of interest to the radiologists and radiographers who are the future of the radiology profession. Students, residents and trainees can mingle in their own lounge, the European School of Radiology & Rising Stars Lounge. ESR President, Paul M. Parizel will have a ‘meet and greet’ in the lounge on Thursday 2 March, 13:30-13:50.
3. Voice of EPOS™Meet the faces behind the posters; the authors of the best posters get to present in person. Check out the programme.
4. European in Outlook, Global in ParticipationAs the world’s largest radiology society, ESR actively reaches out to radiologists across the globe. The popular ESR Meets…sessions feature national radiology societies: this year from Belgium, Peru and the United States. Watch out for artistic performers from these countries during the lunch breaks.
5. Flagship Meeting for RadiographersThe ECR is the flagship meeting of the European Federation of Radiographer Societies (EFRS). For the first time, all sessions for radiographers are being simultaneously translated into German, Italian, Polish and Spanish. There is a Radiographer Lounge available for relaxation and networking.
6. ECR OnlineYou can’t be everywhere, so take advantage of ECR Online to catch up during and after the congress.
7. CME Made EasyAs well as evaluation via laptop or via the app, ECR is offering this year CMeasy. Bluetooth technology means a personalised tag tracks which sessions you attend.
8. Radiation Incidents and Accidents in Medical Imaging and Their managementThe European Federation of Organisations for Medical Physics (EFOMP) is offering a workshop on this important topic.
9. EuroSafe ImagingThe ESR’s flagship initiative in radiation protection promotes the safe and appropriate use of medical imaging in Europe and globally. In addition to 5 dedicated EuroSafe Imaging sessions, there is a Poster Exhibition this year and a EuroSafe Imaging Café and Booth.
10. Hybrid Imaging Mini CourseECR 2017 includes again a joint course from the ESR and the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA). This year the topic is hybrid imaging.
Don't forget to follow HealthManagement on Twitter for live coverage of ECR 2017!