STATE OF THE ART MR-IMAGING IN DEMENTIA
Dementia is a debilitating disease that has touched many of our lives. In 2018, an estimated 9.1 Million people were living with dementia in EU member states with this number expected to rise by about 60% over the next two decades to reach 14.3 million in 2040.1
In this webinar we discuss the role of MR imaging in dementia and how emerging AI technologies can support differential diagnosis and provide invaluable information for disease management.
With new disease modifying treatments on the horizon this could bring significant improvements in quality of life for patients and their families alike.
- 18:00 – 17:05
Dr. Alessandro Roncacci, Senior Vice President Affidea - Introduction
- 18:05 – 18:30
Dr. Maria Politi - "The Role of Neuroimaging in Dementia"
- A systematic approach for MRI in Dementia
- Typical imaging findings in the most common dementia syndromes
- An overview of neurodegenerative disorders which may be associated with dementia.
- 18:30 – 18:55
Dr. Melissa Verheijen - "The use of MRI quantification in the differential diagnosis of dementia"
- MRI in dementia & Alzheimer’s Disease
- Normal ageing vs pathological ageing
- How can we extract more information from MRIs to reduce the time to diagnosis?
- Automated quantitative analysis to detect & diagnose
- The future: MRI to monitor Disease Modifying Therapies for Alzheimer’s Disease
- 18:55 – 19:00
Registration Available Online here
Sat, 27 Mar 2021 - Mon, 8 Nov 2021
Thu, 17 Jun 2021 - Thu, 17 Jun 2021
Mon, 2 Aug 2021 - Fri, 6 Aug 2021