Prof. Blickman is Vice Chair, Department of Imaging Sciences at the University of Rochester’s Medical Center and Radiologistin- Chief at the golisano Childrens Hospital in the USA. He is a valued member of HealthManagement’s Editorial Board.
1. What are your key areas of interest and research?
• Paediatric imaging: trauma, gastrointestinal, genitourinary;
• Management of imaging departments.
2. What are the major challenges in your field?
• Decreasing reimbursements;
• Commoditisation of imaging;
• Part-time workforce.
3. What is your top management tip?
“Your people should come to work with a smile on their faces, and, if you do it right, leave with a smile on their faces at the end of the day.”
4. What would you single out as a career highlight?
Nearing completion of designing/building and opening my third department of academic (paediatric) imaging at the golisano Children’s Hospital in Rochester, New York, USA.
5. If you had not chosen this career path you would have become a…?
6. What are your personal interests outside of work?
Running, yacht racing, classical music and reading historical tomes.
7. Your favourite quote?“It is not how you get knocked down, but how you get up…”