The Ohio Willow Wood Company, Inc. was founded in 1907 by William E. Arbogast, a bilateral amputee, on his family farm in Pickaway County. What started as one man carving and curing willow wood for prosthetic use has evolved into an international company which remains located in rural Mt. Sterling, Ohio. The company has a close network of 20 distributors worldwide. Today, the third and fourth generations of Arbogasts are leading the company in its expanded product markets and continued product innovation.
The Arbogast family and Ohio Willow Wood have been active forces in the O&P industry since its inception. The company was founded with the mission to provide quality prosthetic products that allow amputees to lead functionally normal lifestyles and to be comfortable when wearing their prostheses.