Our mobile head CT scanner SOMATOM On.site provides access to the known SOMATOM image quality, right at your patient’s bedside. This will change the way you can serve ICU patients suffering from acute and critical head conditions enabling you to transform care delivery at your hospital.
- Reduce patient transports
- Optimize staff deployment
- Achieve consistent and reliable image quality at the point of care
Features & Benefits
Why bring the patient to the scanner ...
Providing CT scans of the head for critically ill patients, e.g. from Intensive Care Units (ICU) is crucial but often challenging.
- Patient transports from the ICU to the radiology department are associated with complex logistical hurdles that can require up to five staff members.1
- Inhouse patient transports bear an increased risk of complications for patients: >71% of ICU patients experience adverse events during transport specifically to the CT suite.2
- Scanning of ICU patients at the radiology department impacts CT availability for other patients by blocking off more than double the time of conventional exams.3
... when you could bring the scanner to the patient
Experience mobile head CT scanning with SOMATOM image quality right at the patient’s bedside:
- Reducing transport to the radiology department can prevent related complications and allow your staff to concentrate on what matters most: providing care for the patients in the ICU department.
- Acquiring images directly at the patient's bedside may speed up diagnostics and following decisions and steps.
- Offering mobile CT imaging directly in the ICU allows the radiology department to create additional scanning capacity in the Radiology department for acute head scans in case of non-availability of the stationary CT scanner. Scanning patients directly in the ICU ward will empower your streamlined imaging workflows.
Transform care delivery with SOMATOM On.site
Reduce Patients Transports
- SOMATOM On.site permits CT imaging of the head directly on the ICU ward, which reduces complications associated with patient transportation from intensive care wards to the radiology department.
- Performing CT scans at the patient's bedside helps staff to reach fast treatment decisions.
Optimize Staff Deployment
- ICU staff can focus more on their core tasks and care for their patients when they do not need to accompany the transports.
- Reduction of physical burden and fatigue on staff as the transfer of the patient to a dedicated scan table is not required anymore.
Achieve Consistent and Reliable Image Quality at the Point of Care
- Touch UI in combination with myExam Companion makes scanner operation intuitive and easy - and therefore also possible for cross-trained staff.
- Mobile CT imaging reduces the number of ICU patient scans in the radiology department, potentially resulting in more streamlined utilization of stationary systems and staff, along with less efforts in CT scan room preparation (e.g., cleaning).
All-in-one system design
- Integrated computers (AWP) grant further flexibility for patient scans in small rooms where additional trolleys would be a hindrance
- Built-in trolley & batteries
- Integrated patient positioning features
Smart driving concept
- The motorized trolley with an ergonomic drive handle allows easy driving and maneuvering to the patients’ bedside
- The front camera offers enhanced safety of the system when maneuvering in busy aisles
- Slow & fast drive mode for different driving needs
Convenient patient positioning
- Convenient patient positioning thanks to integrated patient scan support (head holder for neuro imaging) and body support (shoulder board for neuro imaging)
- no need for bed adapters or special connectors to address individual patient bed design
- Telescopic scanner design with the gantry gliding away from the patient bed offering ample space for patient positioning until you are ready to start scanning
- 35 cm gantry bore opening
Easy scan set-up and fast workflow
- Intuitive Touch UI
- GO technologies provide guidance for cross-trained staff through “guided path” logic
- Recon&GO performs automated postprocessing and automatically uploads the images to PACS
- Single-operator system handling
Telescopic scanner design
- SOMATOM On.site with its telescopic scanner design features a telescopic gantry which glides on the stationary system trolley during the scanning process.
- The telescopic gantry contributes to consistent and reliable CT image quality: the trolley remains stationary during the image acquisition reducing motion artifacts, typically caused by scanner movement
- The telescopic gantry houses the moving scanner components, with the tube and detector moving away from the patient or the front gantry. This innovative approach is in turn reducing the scatter radiation compared to conventional mobile CT scanners that do not deploy such a design.
Self-shielding system design
- SOMATOM On.site allows you to stay close to your patient during scanning
- SOMATOM On.site features a self-shielding system design including attachable radiation shields to cover the front and back gantry bore opening
- In addition, the telescopic gantry houses the internally moving scanner components with tube and detector moving away from the patient which reduces the scatter radiation compared to conventional mobile CT scanners that do not deploy such a design.
SOMATOM On.site brings SOMATOM image quality to the patient's bedside. It is combining proven technologies from existing SOMATOM scanners with newly designed components.
More Information Here
Mobile head CT scanner
2.4 cm Stellar detector
Metal artifact reduction
80, 120 kV
More products from this supplier