The stereotactic breast biopsy system that is fast, safe and simple
Our flagship ATEC vacuum-assisted breast biopsy system is an all-in-one platform intended for use under ultrasound, MRI, stereotactic and 3D™-image guidance.
Designed for radiologists and surgeons who consider compassionate patient care and results as essential elements in minimally invasive breast biopsy.
The ATEC system is:
- Tissue acquisition occurs every 4.5 seconds, typically lasting less than 30 seconds total.1
- Easily delivers local anesthetic directly to the biopsy site during every cycle without interruption.
- Combination of saline lavage and consistent aspiration helps ensure a core with every cycle.
- Closed system reduces contamination risk.
- Fully disposable device and tubing minimize staff and patient exposure to biohazard.
- Simple one minute setup and clean-up.
- No software required for user to program or operate the console.
- Saline lavage: Helps ensure consistent retrieval of high quality tissue samples.
- Y-Valve: Enables physicians to automatically or manually deliver local anesthetic directly to the biopsy site without interrupting the procedure.
- Standard ATEC biopsy device
- Gauge: 9 or 12 gauge
- Length: 9 or 12 cm
- Aperture: 20 mm
- Petite ATEC biopsy device: designed to work with a minimum compression of 22 mm
- Gauge: 9 gauge
- Length:9 or 12 cm
- Aperture: 12 mm
Reference: 1. Internal testing performed at Hologic and maintained in PLM system