Hologic, Inc., a leading medical technology company focused on improving women's health and well-being, will showcase its comprehensive portfolio of healthcare solutions for women at the 66th Annual American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Clinical and Scientific Meeting. The meeting takes place in Austin, Texas from April 27-30.
"As a global champion of women's health, our partnerships with OB-GYNs are integral to helping improve and save lives through early detection and proactive treatment, and we look forward to interacting with the thousands of healthcare providers at ACOG this year," said Steve MacMillan, chairman, president and CEO of Hologic. "Our innovations address a broad spectrum of health issues women face throughout their lives. This year, in addition to showcasing these products, we're proud to highlight programming that educates and empowers women to visit their healthcare providers and seek appropriate screening and/or treatment."
Attendees will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience with a number of Hologic's products featured in the product theater forums, including:
- In-Office Procedures: Up Your Game: Office-based procedures are patient-centered, efficient and can be economically beneficial for a healthcare provider's practice. Learn about cutting-edge technologies that treat common GYN issues, such as abnormal uterine bleeding and painful symptoms of menopause, in the convenience of the doctor's office.
- Products: NovaSure® endometrial ablation system, MonaLisa Touch®, MyoSure® tissue removal system
- Date and Time: Saturday, April 28 at 5:15 p.m.
- Location: Hilton Austin, Salon F
- Presenter: Neeraj Kohli, M.D., MBA
- Managing the Dense Breast Patient: Women with dense breast tissue are at higher risk for developing breast cancer. Automated breast density assessment software, breast density notification laws, imaging and optimizing healthcare relationships for this population will be discussed.
- Products: Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam and Quantra™ 2.2 breast density assessment software
- Date and Time: Sunday, April 29 at 7 a.m.
- Location: Hilton Austin, Salon G
- Presenter: January Lopez, M.D.
Key data to be presented at the meeting include:
- Towards Personalized Breast Imaging Pathways: Initial Findings from a Learning Health System
- Authors: Firas Dabbous, M.S., Ph.D.; Zhaohui Su, Ph.D.; Gregory Donadio, M.A.; James Dolan, M.D.; Vandana Menon, M.D., Ph.D., MPH; Nila Alsheik, M.D.
- Date and Time: Saturday, April 28 at 9 a.m.
- Poster Session and Number: ePoster Session G, 39G
- Location: Austin Convention Center, Ballroom G
- Utilization of TVUS and fFN Screening, Antenatal Steroids Use and Risk of Preterm Delivery
- Authors: Jhenette Lauder, M.D.; Xian Shen, Ph.D.; Allison Petrilla, MPH; Erin Sullivan, Ph.D.; Kathleen Troeger, MPH; Anthony Sciscione, D.O.
- Date and Time: Saturday, April 28 at 10:15 a.m.
- Poster Session and Number: ePoster Session H, 11H
- Location: Austin Convention Center, Ballroom G
The Hologic booth at ACOG will showcase the company's portfolio of women's healthcare products, including – for the first time – its medical aesthetics division, Cynosure. Cynosure will highlight MonaLisa Touch®, a simple, safe and clinically proven laser treatment for the painful symptoms of menopause, including intimacy.
Hologic's diagnostics division will feature the recently launched We Can Change This STAT campaign with sports broadcaster, TV personality and cervical cancer survivor Erin Andrews. This campaign aims to reduce the number of women dying from cervical cancer by asking women to commit to regular exams and testing with Pap+HPV Together.1 Also featured will be the surgical division's We Hate Heavy Periods campaign, featuring actress Aisha Tyler. This campaign aims to spread awareness that one in five women suffer from abnormal uterine bleeding and encourages women to seek treatment. Additional information about both campaigns can be found at ChangeThisStat.com and WeHateHeavyPeriods.com.
Hologic's Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam and new 3Dimensions™ mammography system also will be featured in the company's booth. The Genius™ exam is the only mammogram proven to detect 20-65 percent more invasive breast cancers compared to 2D alone, and is the only mammogram approved by the FDA as superior for women with dense breasts compared to 2D alone.2,3 The new 3Dimensions system provides higher resolution 3D™ images for radiologists, enhanced workflow for technologists and a more comfortable mammography experience, with the SmartCurve™ breast stabilization system, for patients. System features include Clarity HD high-resolution 3D™ imaging and Intelligent 2D™ imaging technology – which recently received PMA approval from the FDA – in addition to Quantra™ 2.2 breast density assessment software. Quantra utilizes machine-learning to analyze each patient's pattern and texture of breast tissue and then provides a category score that the radiologist may provide to the primary care physician to discuss with the patient.
These products will be on display in Booth 8017 in the Exhibits Hall of the Austin Convention Center. Hologic is a President's Cabinet sponsor of the meeting.
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Practice bulletin No. 157: Cervical cancer screening and prevention. Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2016;127(1):185-7.
- Results from Friedewald, SM, et al. "Breast cancer screening using tomosynthesis in combination with digital mammography." JAMA 311.24 (2014): 2499-2507; a multi-site (13), non-randomized, historical control study of 454,000 screening mammograms investigating the initial impact the introduction of the Hologic Selenia® Dimensions® on screening outcomes. Individual results may vary. The study found an average 41% increase and that 1.2 (95% CI: 0.8-1.6) additional invasive breast cancers per 1,000 screening exams were found in women receiving combined 2D FFDM and 3D™ mammograms acquired with the Hologic 3D Mammography™ System versus women receiving 2D FFDM mammograms only.
- FDA submissions P080003, P080003/S001, P080003/S004, P080003/S005.