Extending the "Evolution of Visual Healthcare" to smart phones and tablets, Agfa’s on-the-go mobile medical image capture and secure management technology brings clinical relevance to the "medical selfie"
- New mobile and web capture technology extends Agfa HealthCare's "gold standard" ICIS interoperable enterprise imaging platform to mobile image capture devices, including Apple iPhone, Apple iPad and Google Android mobile digital devices
- Easy-to-use mobile interface and HTML5 design enables physicians, caregivers, and patients to access and capture medical images at any time, from any location, while securely publishing clinically indexed data to the EHR
- Flexible workflow and patient-centric data allow service lines across the enterprise to improve the delivery of care both within and outside the walls of the hospital
Extending the "Evolution of Visual Healthcare" to mobile devices, Agfa HealthCare has announced the launch of its new web-enabled mobile image management technology that brings the power of ICIS to iPhones, iPads, Web, and Android mobile digital devices.
Unveiled during the Society for Imaging Informatics (SIIM) 2014 Annual Meeting, ICIS Mobile and Web Capture enables physicians, caregivers, and patients to publish clinically relevant medical images from mobile and web based devices to a securely indexed entry within a patient's electronic health record (EHR). Doing so, the technology fosters increased physician-to-physician engagement across departments and beyond the hospital's walls, while creating an environment that empowers patients to become more informed and involved in the care management process.
"Mobile technology is now widespread within the healthcare space with physicians frequently using their mobile phones or tablets to record patient data and connect with the EHR," stated Lenny J. Reznik, Director, Enterprise Imaging and Information Solutions, Agfa HealthCare North America. "ICIS's new mobile and web capture technology is designed to leverage this trend to improve the delivery of care and reduce cost by uniting the convenience and immediacy of mobile computing with the power of the ICIS enterprise imaging platform. Now, ICIS enables clinicians, as well as their patients, to use mobile devices to capture, access, and index medical images and videos within the EHR."
Reznik continued, "ICIS's easy to use mobile interface also empowers patients to become involved in their medical care - allowing them to take 'medical selfies' as needed, reducing unnecessary and costly visits. For instance, with ICIS, a patient being treated for a diabetic foot ulcer now has the ability to produce and share relevant wound images within a highly secure application, enabling the physician to monitor the treatment progress without the need for repeated visits to an examination room."
ICIS "Mobilising" the Image-Enabled EHR
ICIS now combines an HTML5 Web-based mobile interface with a flexible workflow and robust metadata to allow seamless accessibility while providing scalability to meet the needs of various departments within the hospital. Leveraging the power of ICIS, Agfa HealthCare's "gold standard" enterprise imaging platform, and the flexibility of ICIS View, Agfa HealthCare's web-based universal viewer, ICIS's mobile and web capture technology delivers enhanced viewing, sharing, and integration across mobile platforms, of images from all sources securely accessible on a single mobile-based viewer.
Key attributes of ICIS Mobile and Web Capture now include:
- Secure access, including from mobile devices, to imaging data from different departments to those who needs it: clinicians, referring physicians, and patients
- The ability to view images from multiple sources, within a single, patient-centric mobile environment
- Seamless integration in the EHR and interoperability with solutions from top vendors
- Highly intuitive interface that uses familiar, two-finger mobile device gestures and supports QR codes for fast image sharing with referring physicians or patients