8 Simple Strategies for Charismatic Leaders
1. Be Present - don’t let your mind wander.
2. Be Powerful - Project confidence. “As radiologists, we are physicians and should present ourselves accordingly. “
3. Be Warm - “Warmth is a feature that radiates from within, and one must nurture positivity and graciousness throughout the workday.”
4. Be Authentic - “Given the inherent uncertainty we confront in the practice of radiology, we must overcome self-doubt and maintain the ability to provide value in the face of nondiagnostic studies or even misdiagnoses.”
5. Listen With Charisma - “To seem more purposeful, include a deliberate 2-second pause before answering questions.”
See Also: Aerodynamic Leadership
6. Speak With Charisma - “Speak with a vocabulary that is understood by everyone in the room.”
7. Lecture With Charisma - less text, more movement help.
8. Make a Good First Impression - starting with a good handshake.
9. Keep Your Cool in Difficult Situations - body language and where you sit in a discussion can help here.
10. Have Netiquette - be conscious of how you appear on the phone and in emails.
See Also: Leading and Communicating in the Healthcare Industry
The authors say: “Taking the time to think about some subtle modifications in our behavior and interactions can transform how our peers perceive us as radiologists. Try out some of these ideas; the results may pleasantly surprise you!"
Managing Editor, HealthManagement.org
Published on : Wed, 6 Jan 2016
THE VEVO MD IS THE WORLD’S FIRST ULTRA HIGH FREQUENCY ULTRASOUND SYSTEM DESIGNED FOR CLINICAL USE WITH FREQUENCIES UP TO 70 MHz. This groundbreaking technology opens up new possibilities for medical imaging that have never been seen before. Whether...
X-Insight is an insightful solution to envision more. Mindray’s brand-new solution is an excellent transforming of continuous customer insights into clinical needs, combined with evolving cutting-edge ultrasound technologies. As an intimate...
Introducing a new chapter in ultrasound visualization technology. X-Porte was developed from the ground up to incorporate a breakthrough, proprietary beam-forming technology: XDI (Extreme Definition Imaging). This signal analysis algorithm shapes...
The SonoSite EDGE II is a high-resolution, all-digital, 9.0-pound (4.1 kg) ultrasound system with a 12.1in. LED full-bleed glass display. The Edge II boosts improvements in cardiac and abdominal image quality through DirectClear Technology and a new...
The new 3Dimensions™ Mammography System matches the unrivaled performance of our 3D Mammography™ exam, which is more accurate than conventional 2D mammograms, detecting 20-65% more invasive breast cancers. Breakthrough improvements transform the patient...