8 Simple Strategies for Charismatic Leaders
1. Be Present - don’t let your mind wander.
2. Be Powerful - Project confidence. “As radiologists, we are physicians and should present ourselves accordingly. “
3. Be Warm - “Warmth is a feature that radiates from within, and one must nurture positivity and graciousness throughout the workday.”
4. Be Authentic - “Given the inherent uncertainty we confront in the practice of radiology, we must overcome self-doubt and maintain the ability to provide value in the face of nondiagnostic studies or even misdiagnoses.”
5. Listen With Charisma - “To seem more purposeful, include a deliberate 2-second pause before answering questions.”
See Also: Aerodynamic Leadership
6. Speak With Charisma - “Speak with a vocabulary that is understood by everyone in the room.”
7. Lecture With Charisma - less text, more movement help.
8. Make a Good First Impression - starting with a good handshake.
9. Keep Your Cool in Difficult Situations - body language and where you sit in a discussion can help here.
10. Have Netiquette - be conscious of how you appear on the phone and in emails.
See Also: Leading and Communicating in the Healthcare Industry
The authors say: “Taking the time to think about some subtle modifications in our behavior and interactions can transform how our peers perceive us as radiologists. Try out some of these ideas; the results may pleasantly surprise you!"
Managing Editor, HealthManagement.org
Published on : Wed, 6 Jan 2016
Explore the new dimension that you have never seen before WS80A with Elite is designed to create a new possibility for ultrasound diagnosis adopting new dimension that you have never seen before. The finest image quality, advanced 5D diagnostic solution...
Sectra provides a complete solution for primary diagnostics in pathology. The solution includes archiving and storage solutions together with high-end review workstations. It allows pathologists to make their diagnoses and reports with higher precision...
The SonoSite EDGE II is a high-resolution, all-digital, 9.0-pound (4.1 kg) ultrasound system with a 12.1in. LED full-bleed glass display. The Edge II boosts improvements in cardiac and abdominal image quality through DirectClear Technology and a new...
The SonoSite SII features a new touchscreen user interface with a clinician-driven menu logic that adaptively adjusts to your imaging needs – “what you need, is what you see”. An embedded dual transducer connector allows you to quickly switch between...
The best patient care is your ultimate goal. To achieve this requires confident diagnosis even with daily increases in patient throughput. Built on the foundation of Mindray’s continuous customer insights into clinical needs and the inheritance from...