8 Simple Strategies for Charismatic Leaders
1. Be Present - don’t let your mind wander.
2. Be Powerful - Project confidence. “As radiologists, we are physicians and should present ourselves accordingly. “
3. Be Warm - “Warmth is a feature that radiates from within, and one must nurture positivity and graciousness throughout the workday.”
4. Be Authentic - “Given the inherent uncertainty we confront in the practice of radiology, we must overcome self-doubt and maintain the ability to provide value in the face of nondiagnostic studies or even misdiagnoses.”
5. Listen With Charisma - “To seem more purposeful, include a deliberate 2-second pause before answering questions.”
See Also: Aerodynamic Leadership
6. Speak With Charisma - “Speak with a vocabulary that is understood by everyone in the room.”
7. Lecture With Charisma - less text, more movement help.
8. Make a Good First Impression - starting with a good handshake.
9. Keep Your Cool in Difficult Situations - body language and where you sit in a discussion can help here.
10. Have Netiquette - be conscious of how you appear on the phone and in emails.
See Also: Leading and Communicating in the Healthcare Industry
The authors say: “Taking the time to think about some subtle modifications in our behavior and interactions can transform how our peers perceive us as radiologists. Try out some of these ideas; the results may pleasantly surprise you!"
Managing Editor, HealthManagement.org
Published on : Wed, 6 Jan 2016
BioZorb® 3D Bioabsorbable Marker The BioZorb® is a 3D implantable marker that consists of a spiral, bioabsorbable framework embedded with 6 permanent, titanium clips designed to precisely mark your surgical excision site. Designed to improve outcomes...
Transform the breast imaging patient experience The SmartCurve system provides a curved compression surface that offers a more comfortable patient experience without compromising image quality, exam time, dose or workflow.1 The SmartCurve system is...
Well look no further. Our APERTO Lucent Open MRI system creates a calming environment for patients of all shapes, sizes and conditions - while giving you quality images at low running costs. Its unique, one-pillar open design helps reduce patient anxiety....
The AIRIS Vento Open MRI is an affordable system with an open, two-pillar design that welcomes patients of all shapes, sizes and conditions. Fast and reliable scans deliver quality images you can trust. It features a permanent magnet that needs only...
Redefining the Vision of Cardiovascular The LISENDO 880 is Hitachi’s premium 2D/4D diagnostic ultrasound solution for cardiologists in any clinical setting. The LISENDO 880 platform is redefining the vision for cardiac ultrasound by providing exceptional...