8 Simple Strategies for Charismatic Leaders
1. Be Present - don’t let your mind wander.
2. Be Powerful - Project confidence. “As radiologists, we are physicians and should present ourselves accordingly. “
3. Be Warm - “Warmth is a feature that radiates from within, and one must nurture positivity and graciousness throughout the workday.”
4. Be Authentic - “Given the inherent uncertainty we confront in the practice of radiology, we must overcome self-doubt and maintain the ability to provide value in the face of nondiagnostic studies or even misdiagnoses.”
5. Listen With Charisma - “To seem more purposeful, include a deliberate 2-second pause before answering questions.”
See Also: Aerodynamic Leadership
6. Speak With Charisma - “Speak with a vocabulary that is understood by everyone in the room.”
7. Lecture With Charisma - less text, more movement help.
8. Make a Good First Impression - starting with a good handshake.
9. Keep Your Cool in Difficult Situations - body language and where you sit in a discussion can help here.
10. Have Netiquette - be conscious of how you appear on the phone and in emails.
See Also: Leading and Communicating in the Healthcare Industry
The authors say: “Taking the time to think about some subtle modifications in our behavior and interactions can transform how our peers perceive us as radiologists. Try out some of these ideas; the results may pleasantly surprise you!"
Managing Editor, HealthManagement.org
Published on : Wed, 6 Jan 2016
Remarkable image quality, right at the point of care. The Trident system revolutionizes breast tissue imaging by incorporating a micro-focused tube, unique specimen image processing algorithms and amorphous selenium direct digital detector. The...
Powered by the most revolutionary ZONE Sonography® Technology, Resona 7’s new ZST+ platform brings the ultrasound image quality to a higher level by zone acquisition and channel data processing. Resona 7 also provides clinical research with the revolutionary...
A better 3D™ breast screening experience – for everyone. The new 3Dimensions™ system is designed to provide higher quality 3D™ images for radiologists, a more comfortable mammography experience for patients and enhanced workflow for technologists....
Image accuracy in hand The first wireless, handheld breast ultrasound with exceptional breast image quality. Delivers accurate diagnostic images at the point of care. Ideal for quick diagnostic looks, visual confirmations, interventional procedures,...
The SonoSite SII features a new touchscreen user interface with a clinician-driven menu logic that adaptively adjusts to your imaging needs – “what you need, is what you see”. An embedded dual transducer connector allows you to quickly switch between...