8 Simple Strategies for Charismatic Leaders
1. Be Present - don’t let your mind wander.
2. Be Powerful - Project confidence. “As radiologists, we are physicians and should present ourselves accordingly. “
3. Be Warm - “Warmth is a feature that radiates from within, and one must nurture positivity and graciousness throughout the workday.”
4. Be Authentic - “Given the inherent uncertainty we confront in the practice of radiology, we must overcome self-doubt and maintain the ability to provide value in the face of nondiagnostic studies or even misdiagnoses.”
5. Listen With Charisma - “To seem more purposeful, include a deliberate 2-second pause before answering questions.”
See Also: Aerodynamic Leadership
6. Speak With Charisma - “Speak with a vocabulary that is understood by everyone in the room.”
7. Lecture With Charisma - less text, more movement help.
8. Make a Good First Impression - starting with a good handshake.
9. Keep Your Cool in Difficult Situations - body language and where you sit in a discussion can help here.
10. Have Netiquette - be conscious of how you appear on the phone and in emails.
See Also: Leading and Communicating in the Healthcare Industry
The authors say: “Taking the time to think about some subtle modifications in our behavior and interactions can transform how our peers perceive us as radiologists. Try out some of these ideas; the results may pleasantly surprise you!"
Managing Editor, HealthManagement.org
Published on : Wed, 6 Jan 2016
Introducing a new chapter in ultrasound visualization technology. X-Porte was developed from the ground up to incorporate a breakthrough, proprietary beam-forming technology: XDI (Extreme Definition Imaging). This signal analysis algorithm shapes...
A better 3D™ breast screening experience – for everyone. The new 3Dimensions™ system is designed to provide higher quality 3D™ images for radiologists, a more comfortable mammography experience for patients and enhanced workflow for technologists....
Superb Low Dose CT SCENARIA View continues its evolution for doctors, operators and patients, driving you ahead with a superb low dose CT. Hitachi’s Intelli IPV technology with Visual Modeling enables both, significant noise and dose...
The SonoSite EDGE II is a high-resolution, all-digital, 9.0-pound (4.1 kg) ultrasound system with a 12.1in. LED full-bleed glass display. The Edge II boosts improvements in cardiac and abdominal image quality through DirectClear Technology and a new...
UltraDrape is an innovative dressing designed for use during Ultrasound-Guided Peripheral Intravenous (UGPIV) that provides dual-action barrier and securement in one.