Fresh programme details have been announced concerning the scientific programme of the Management in Radiology (MIR) Annual Scientific Meeting, which takes place this year in Mallorca, Spain, from October 14 - 15, 2010. The congress covers topics relevant to those leading depar tments interested in management, healthcare economics and administrative issues.
Highlights of the programme, which can be found in full on the MIR website (see below) include:
- Image compression issues: "How long should we keep our images?";
- "The management decision I most regret and why": series of short presentations with audience debate;
- How to improve process optimisation in an imaging department;
- Renewing doctors' licence to practice: "How do we know if we are good enough?";
- The European Commission guideline on clinical audit: How will it affect departments?;
- Management of radiation protection in fluoroscopy- guided imaging: responsibilities of the department chairman, the radiologist and the radiographer;
- Update on the legal issues of teleradiology;
- Quality aspects and auditing of teleradiology, and
- The position of the European Society of Radiology on teleradiology.
Further information is available at: www.mir-online.org, www.myesr.org