This year's edition of the Annual Scientific Meeting of the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Society of Europe (CIRSE) takes place in Munich, Germany from 10 – 14 September.
The congress venue is the International Congress Centre München (ICM), a part of the Internationale Messe München, an architecturally fascinating renovation of the "old airport" of Munich. The ICM is one of the most modern and frequently used congress centres worldwide and offers us a space of 350,000 m2, made up of numerous lecture halls and rooms of every size that can cater for more than 12,000 people.
With more than 5,600 participants in 2010, the CIRSE annual meetings have become Europe's largest and most comprehensive forum for experts in image-guided minimally invasive therapies.
CIRSE 2011 will again provide a unique opportunity to showcase your achievements in the field of interventional radiology by presenting an oral paper or a poster.
In 2011, the scientific programme has focused on the following key areas:
- Biliary intervention;
- Bone, spine and soft tissue intervention;
- Clinical practice development;
- Dialysis intervention and venous access;
- Embolotherapy (excluding oncology);
- EVAR and TEVAR;
- Experimental work in IR;
- GI tract intervention;
- Gynaecological intervention (including UFE);
- Neuro and carotid intervention;
- Oncologic intervention;
- Peripheral vascular disease intervention;
- Radiation safety;
- Renal and visceral artery intervention;
- TIPS and portal vein intervention;
- Urinary tract intervention, and
- Venous intervention and IVC filters.
Further developments will appear in this journal, and you can follow updates directly on www.cirse.org