Masimo announced today the CE mark and scheduled full market release of Next Generation SedLine® Brain Function Monitoring technology at the European Society of Anaesthesiology's (ESA) 2016 Euroanaesthesia Congress in London, England.
Next Generation SedLine enhances how Masimo's processed EEG parameter, the Patient State Index (PSI), responds in challenging situations, addressing many of the concerns raised with quantitative EEG while bolstering brain function monitoring's support of anesthetic management.
Next Generation PSI uses Masimo's breakthrough Parallel Engines and Adaptive Signal Processing technology and provides the following enhancements:
- Less susceptibility to electromyography (EMG) interference by extracting a clearer EEG signal even in the presence of EMG
- Improved PSI performance in low power EEG cases
These improvements build upon the existing benefits of SedLine technology:
- Four simultaneous EEG leads to enable continuous assessment of both sides of the brain
- Density Spectral Array (DSA) offers easy-to-interpret, high-resolution display of bi-hemispheric activity
- Multiple screen views expand information while enabling customization in the OR and ICU
- Electrocautery resistance
"We are delighted to unveil Next Generation SedLine," said Joe Kiani, Founder and CEO of Masimo. "Next Generation PSI takes advantage of Masimo's signal processing prowess and promises to do for brain function monitoring what SET did for pulse oximetry."
Next Generation SedLine has not received FDA 510(k) clearance and is not currently available for sale in the United States.
Source & Image Credit: Masimo