1. What are your key areas of interest and research?
My interest is in improving the global structure of wellbeing, health and social care.
2. What are the major challenges in your field?
The changing population demographic, with an aging population and the prevalence of many preventable and chronic conditions, is a considerable challenge to the sustainability of our current healthcare system.
3. What is your top management tip?
Radiate passion! Your passion should flow in the veins of your entire team, customers, partners and all other stakeholders.
4. What would you single out as a career highlight?
The biggest highlight for me has been each and every moment I have been thanked as a doctor by patients, relatives or colleagues for having a positive impact on their own or their loved one’s health
5. If you had not chosen this career path what do you think you would have become?
I can’t think of another career apart from my previous one as a GP.
6. What are your personal interests outside of work?
Squash, photography, travelling, theatre shows, jazz, live music and entertainment, cars, cooking, training, and learning.
7. Your favourite quote?
"Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible!" Che Guevara