Founder, Heart of Australia
1. What are your key areas of interest and research?
I am a general cardiologist with an interest in optimising the delivery of cardiovascular medicine to at-need populations in challenging environments.
2. What are the major challenges in your field?
In Australia there are significant challenges in providing basic cardiovascular services to populations living in remote and rural areas.
3. What is your top management tip?
Communicate the vision and direction of your organisation clearly with your staff so that they feel a part of the journey not just a small cog in a big machine.
4. What would you single out as a career highlight?
Launching the Heart of Australia mobile clinic on the 4 October 2014. That was the culmination of a 5 year journey to transform a vision into a reality.
5. If you had not chosen this career path you would have become a…?
6. What are your personal interests outside of work?
Finding time to think clearly. Family life (I have 3 children aged 7, 6 and 3). Playing the piano and guitar (I am not very good). Public speaking and personal self-development.
7. Your favourite quote?
“If it is to be, it is up to me”.