Fri, 31 Mar 2023, 09:00
Sat, 1 Apr 2023, 17:00
The International Symposium on Left Atrial Appendage (ISLAA) will be held March 31 - April 1, 2023 at the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel in Overland Park, KS. This Symposium is co-sponsored by the Academy for Continued Healthcare Learning (ACHL) and ISLAA Foundation. Course directors from the The Kansas City Heart Rhythm Institute, Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute, Los Robles Medical Center, Mayo Clinic and Mt. Sinai will manage the program and content.
This symposium is a multi-specialty cardiovascular educational symposium on the frontier science of left atrial appendage (LAA). This topic is of tremendous interest in the practice of cardiovascular care. Over a period of two days, the symposium will offer very informative presentations on the anatomy, physiology and pathological aspect of the LAA, along with old and new therapeutic strategies of stroke prophylaxis including cardiac devices for LAA exclusion. Presenting will be global leaders in the field with a great depth of practical expertise in the science.
This symposium will address gaps in knowledge and competence through didactic lecture, panel discussions, debate and discussion of live case studies. This symposium is designed for physicians, advanced practice registered nurses, nurses and allied health professionals in the fields of electrophysiology, cardiology, family and internal medicine.
- Compare and contrast DOACs for efficacy and safety, while emphasizing the patient populations for whom they are best suited.
- Review evidence-based guidelines and best clinical approaches to thromboprophylaxis.
- Assess the cost-effectiveness of systemic anticoagulation versus LAA exclusion technologies for stroke prophylaxis.
- Review the role of oral anticoagulation in stroke prophylaxis.
- Describe systemic thromboembolization and the role of LAA in patients with atrial fibrillation.
- Express a working knowledge of the role(s) of LAA in specific patient subgroups (ie, OAC treatment-(in)eligible, prescription failure).
- Discuss treatment options for the management of postoperative pericardial inflammation.
- Identify needle devices which can be utilized in specific patients to minimize complications associated with epicardial access.
- Review device types and techniques which may be employed to mitigate an incomplete LAA closure.
Mon, 5 Jun 2023 - Wed, 7 Jun 2023
Manchester, M2 3GX
Tue, 6 Jun 2023 - Fri, 9 Jun 2023
Fri, 9 Jun 2023 - Sat, 10 Jun 2023
Wed, 14 Jun 2023 - Thu, 15 Jun 2023
New York NY 10017
Tue, 4 Jul 2023 - Tue, 4 Jul 2023
Thu, 6 Jul 2023 - Fri, 7 Jul 2023
Mon, 31 Jul 2023 - Thu, 3 Aug 2023
Boston MA 02210
Thu, 10 Aug 2023 - Sat, 12 Aug 2023
Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80363
Mon, 18 Sep 2023 - Wed, 20 Sep 2023
València, Alboraia 46120