Quincy Compressor

Endorse Company

After George Gille, John Kathe, and George Wall discovered there was no interest in their vacuum design where they worked, they found financial backing for a new company in the form of Elation and Maculae Irwin. The Wall Pump and Compressor Co., with headquarters and manufacturing located on Quincy’s riverfront, was born in July 1920.

By 1924, the company had expanded its line beyond its original products, vacuum pumps designed for milking cows and its name to Quincy Compressor Company. By that time, Quincy Compressor had begun selling reciprocating air compressors, and the company grew with the increasing demand for compressed air.