Prämeta was founded in 1945 by Ferdinand Freiherr Dr. von Soiron and his wife. In the beginning it was a company which distrib-uted hinges. For a short period spare parts and accessories for bicycles as well as the still very popular toy cars were added.
Before long the first tourniquet was available. In 1973 Heinz Drooff joined the company as Managing Partner. The Soirons sold the majority of the company to the Drooff family and to Deutsche Beteiligungsgesellschaft, Frankfurt on M. (DBG).