Pedigo Products was founded in 1947 by William R. Pedigo and his son Richard. The father-son team began manufacturing three-legged stools (the predecessor to the current P-36 stool) on their dirt floor garage in Burbank, California. The all welded chrome plated stools were initially sold to local barbers and beauticians, but the Pedigo’s soon realized that the real market for their product was in the expanding Southern California healthcare industry.
In the early 1950’s, Pedigo began a partnership with the developing UCLA Medical Center, to design and manufacture chrome and stainless steel products for use in their sterile and exam room environments. These products were readily accepted by UCLA and several other acute care facilities, and proved to be the prototype for many items which are still part of Pedigo’s product line.