Hammond Manufacturing was founded in 1917 in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. In the early years, the Company manufactured radios, power amplifiers and battery eliminators. During the late 1920's Hammond focused its efforts on the manufacturing of transformers for the broadcast and communications industries. The explosive demand for electrical products of all kinds during the 1950's and 1960's created many opportunities for new products and diversification. During these years Hammond became a leading supplier of transformers and enclosures for the electrical and electronic industries.Through the last three decades, the Company expanded its focus on the U.S. and International markets. Hammond made a number of strategic acquisitions of transformer companies and became one of the largest suppliers of magnetics to the North American electrical OEM market. It has also formed several strategic alliances with U.S. and European companies to broaden its already extensive offering of enclosures and related accessories. In January 2001, the Hammond Transformer Group was spun off to form a new independent company, Hammond Power Solutions, Inc. The core products for Hammond Manufacturing continue as electrical enclosures, electronic packaging, power bars and electronic transformers and the next chapter for the Company began.