The family business founded in 1925, began its business as a supplier to those craft enterprises, which were united in the common guild for Bandagisten- that Orthopädiemechaniker- and Chirurgiemechaniker crafts. So were soon, in addition to the resident in Tuttlingen manufacturers of surgical instruments, the surgical instrument maker in the rest of Germany in Malawi. Many of these companies were also in technical orthopedics, ie in the arm and Beinprothesenbau and the production of orthotics and bandages, active. Therefore, the range has been expanded consistently and rapidly in this area.
The early establishment and maintenance of business relations with customers in neighboring countries illustrate the importance that has the export for the company today.