Avery Weigh-Tronix Inc

Endorse Company

The roots of the modern Avery Weigh-Tronix extend back to 1731 when James Ford established a business as a maker of “stilliards” in Digbeth, near Birmingham, UK.  As the Industrial Revolution gathered momentum, the business was transferred to William Avery, soon joined by his brother Thomas, who traded under the name W&T Avery. 

In 1876, the company produced their first Weighbridge, with the first Service and maintenance contracts added soon after, in 1887.