Registered Home Manager
About the job
Exemplar Health Care are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Registered Care Manager to manage Havenmere Care Home, specialist care home in Immingham.
Acer Mews is our brand-new service in Ashton Under Lyne. The home is due to open early 2024, however we want to provide a thorough induction into the company well before the doors open. The home will be a 28 bed complex needs service specialising in supporting adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and physical disabilities. We are actively recruiting now so the successful candidate could start in the business whenever they are ready and will work closely with the Developments Director and Commissioning Manager to commission and open a brand-new high-end home where you can really make your mark from its infancy.
About the company
Our mission at Exemplar Health Care is to make every day better for the people who live and work in our homes. Our community-based homes provide person-centred care and rehabilitation that focuses on maximizing independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our portfolio of over 42 homes provide specialist nursing care and rehabilitation for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity needs. This is an exciting time to join Exemplar, as we’re opening a number of new care services over the next five years and we’re looking for people who match our values to join us.
About the role
As the Registered Home Manager you will be responsible for the smooth running of your home which specializes is supporting people with complex needs, behaviors of concern, brain injuries and Huntington's disease.
As the Registered Home Manager you will oversee the success, the quality, the profit and loss, the community and local authority links but will be supported by your Regional Director of operations, the clinical team and a clinical nurse manager.
You will be given a great deal of autonomy and will lead by example, drive your team and push for continuous improvement daily. You will provide person centred and quality driven care and ensure that you make every day better for both the people who live in your home and the people who work there.
Essential criteria – For this role you do need to be a qualified registered nurse with an active NMC Pin
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Excellent bonus scheme.
- Excellent pension plan.
- Life assurance program.
- BUPA health care cover.
- Access to a qualified coach within the first 6 months of joining
- Paid NMC pin after 12 months - worth £120
- Outstanding career progression with opportunities over 40 care homes and within the central support teams
- Exemplar My First Rewards - retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline.
- Comprehensive induction program
- Access to salary sacrifice Electric Car scheme.
A first level nursing qualification with a current PIN is essential. We expect that you’ll be up to date with current evidence-based practice with a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations.
You will also be able to:
- Demonstrate previous experience of successfully managing a nursing home, ideally supporting people with complex needs or be a passionate and experienced Deputy manager looking for the next step in their career!
- Demonstrate the ability to forge positive relationships with commissioners particularly in areas where you may not have previously worked
- Ability to lead, mentor and inspire a team.
- Previous experience of working to deadlines and the meeting and exceeding of KPi’s
- Have experience of managing relationships with central functions and operations
Please see the full person specification in the included job description for further information.
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity.
We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a workplace where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
Exemplar Health Care’s FIRST values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care.