Artificial Intelligence (AI) is being leveraged to enhance the healthcare digital dashboard beyond its provision of a snapshot of patient data.
Industry experts say that AI can upgrade dashboards through increasing user awareness and understanding of operations.
CEO of analytics start-up, Clarify Health Solutions, Dr. Jean Drouin describes present-day dashboards as “static” with limited facility for click through. “Yes, they get a daily feed, maybe from the EHR, or yes, they provide trends. But generally, you are left with the information that’s on the dashboard — it is difficult to click through,” he said in a recent report.
Drouin went on to say that a good dashboard was something that individuals who needed to monitor a situation could go for quick answers to targeted questions.
“I think of it really in terms of whether Machine Learning (ML) and AI help to provide information more quickly. Does it help to provide more precise or trusted information, or does it help to provide more actionable information? It turns out, depending on the metric, ML and AI can help with all three.”
This is where AI could offer solutions for a more streamlined provision and, therefore more efficient, use of patient data.
According to industry experts, other key
- AI can offload a large amount of cognitive load
- An organisation deciding where to target AI could start with analysis projects a staff member perform in order to ascertain where the tech could work most effectively
- Check how other industries deploy AI and ML for pointers on how both can be used for patient data analysis
- Reliability and consistency are the goals with AI deployment in EHRs
- Use AI to draw staff attention to what is important in patient data
Source: AI Powered Healthcare
Image credit: Pixabay