- More responsive through better resilience;
- Supportive through appropriate health investments, and;
- Prospective through health impactful innovations.
The World Hospital Congress is a unique global forum where leaders of national and international hospital and healthcare organizations convene to share knowledge, expertise, experiences and best practices in leadership in hospital and healthcare management and service delivery.
Hosted by the Ministry of Health of the Sultanate of Oman
on 6 to 9 November in Muscat, the Congress will feature more than 100 presenters in 40 sessions, poster displays, pre-conference session, hospital site visits, healthcare exhibition, special events and networking opportunities in three transformative days which will give delegates opportunities to learn, exchange, and engage with peers.
Keynote speakers include the following thought leaders and experts:
- Yuthar Mohammed Al Rawahy, Founder & Honorary Life President of the Oman Cancer Association will share her perspectives on the role of patients in time of peace and crisis from self-empowerment to social mobilization;
- Sir Andrew Dillon CBE, Chief Executive of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence will share how to align the ambition of health systems and the life sciences industry for successful adoption of new health technologies;
- Melinda Estes, President and CEO of Saint Luke’s Health System and Chair-elect of the American Hospital Association will provide insights on how hospitals and health systems are driving community health and prosperity;
- Agnés Soucat, Director for Health Systems Governance and Financing at the World Health Organization will discuss the role of hospitals and health services in support to population well-being.
Besides keynote presentations, panel discussions with leading industry professionals and patient representatives will examine a range of topics including:
- The role of hospitals in time of crisis;
- Patient and community voice in time of peace and crisis;
- Health service providers contributing to health and prosperity;
- Health services in support to better well-being, and;
- Taking the innovation to the service.
Early bird registration to the Congress closes on 15 August 2019. Register here