Hospital management in times of crisis: constrains, challenges and opportunities
EAHM is proud to announce that its 24th congress will take place on 28- 30 November 2013 in Luxembourg.
Once again more than 600 hospital managers will gather from across Europe to share their experiences and best practices. This year the congress will focus on how to deal with economic constraints and transform them into opportunities. We will examine how hospitals can continue to improve quality of care while faced with economic uncertainty and decreased budgets.
The congress will focus on practical experiences with presentations, roundtable discussions and poster sessions.
The key topics are as follows:
• Strategic guidelines in crisis;
• Business process re-engineering; and
• New buildings, new logistics, new technologies.
A lively social programme has also been arranged including a reception hosted by the City of Luxembourg and a gala dinner on the final evening. For more information on the congress, please visit: www.eahm-luxembourg2013.lu
42nd Ordinary general assembly
The meeting will be held on Friday, November 16th , 2012 from 17.00 – 18.30, at the Messe Düsseldorf entrance East (Ost), Room M
1. Approval of the agenda
2. Approval of the minutes of the 41th Ordinary General Assembly, held on Friday, November 18th 2011 in Düsseldorf.
3. EAHM activity report 2011-2012 by the president
4. Tendering of accounts for 2011
1. Presentation by the Secretary General
2. Auditors’ report
3. Approval of accounts for 2011 and discharge of the Board and the Secretary General
5. Economic plan for 2013
1. Approval of the proposed membership subscription fees of full members and associate members (4.3.e of statutes)
2. Approval of the economic plan for 2013
6. Election of auditors for the year 2012
7. Admission and exclusion of ordinary and associate members
8. Next Ordinary General Assembly: Luxemburg, November 28th 2013
9. 24th EAHM Congress (2013), Luxemburg: Presentation of main theme
10. EAHM partnerships: Arcadis
Specialist suppliments in (E) hospital
This year we have been publishing specialist supplements with each issue of (E) Hospital. We hope these have been of interest to you and would like to take this opportunity to clarify their purpose.
(E)Hospital knows that hospital managers need to keep up to date with the latest innovations and news across all medical specialities to better understand the needs and challenges of each hospital department. We recognise that the healthcare sector is constantly changing, research studies are published on a daily basis and new technologies constantly released into the market. It is for this reason that we have been publishing specialist supplements with each issue. Two copies are included: An insert for your own use and a pull out to pass on to a relevant colleague.
We hope that the information contained in the supplements will help you keep abreast of the latest developments in e a c h hospital department and help you make the right decisions for your hospital and its patients.
We welcome any feedback on the content and suggestions for future topics in 2013. Please contact Managing Editor
Lee Campbell, [email protected]