International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO) Congress
The International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO) is a federation composed of 63 official national associations of bariatric surgeons and individual members.
IFSO's Mission is to Unify the Global Scientific, Surgical and Integrated Health Communities, for the Purpose of Dissemination of Knowledge, Collaboration and Establishing Universal Standards of Care for the Treatment of Individuals with Adiposity-Based Chronic Disease.
The main goal of IFSO is the optimisation of the treatment of severely obese patients bringing together surgeons and allied health professionals. IFSO is committed to the creation of a global system for accreditation of bariatric centres and individual surgeons.
IFSO's main activity is the organization of the yearly World Congress, which provides a forum to exchange knowledge on surgical treatment of severely obese patients, to present new techniques, research and concepts, and to meet the experts in the field.
23rd World Congress of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO) will be held during Sep 26 - Sep 28, 2018 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
IFSO 2018 in Dubai will bring together world leaders in metabolic and bariatric surgery to educate, discuss and collaborate. The committee is planning a superb scientific programme that promises a unique opportunity for all those interested in obesity and metabolic surgery to share their experiences, expertise and knowledge and seek practical solutions in their search to eradicate and manage this epidemic. With an emphasis on integrated health and on surgical treatment strategies, participants can look forward to multiple symposia and numerous oral, video and live operating sessions. This is set to be a great meeting.
- Pre-congress courses including the 6th International Conference on Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Video and operating sessions discussing technical aspects and management of complications
- Sessions about established operative, endoscopic as well as novel procedures for weight loss and type 2 diabetes
- Multidisciplinary symposia with physicians, psychologists, anaesthetists, plastic surgeons, dieticians and primary care doctors
- Symposia about special patient groups including adolescents and young adults, pregnant women who have had surgery and older patients
- Innovative sessions including the use of technology in obesity and bariatric surgery, medicolegal issues and the impact of bariatric tourism
- Networking lunches for Integrated Health Professionals, Young IFSO members and Women in Bariatric Surgery
- 'Meet the Expert' lunchtime sessions European, Latin American, Asia Pacific, North American and Pan-Arab Symposia
- Patient engagement session
Full programme available here
Register online here
Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - Wed, 19 Sep 2018
Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - Thu, 11 Oct 2018
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - Mon, 24 Sep 2018
Boston, Massachusetts 02116
Tue, 25 Sep 2018 - Fri, 28 Sep 2018
Birmingham, B1 2EA
Wed, 26 Sep 2018 - Sat, 29 Sep 2018
Wed, 26 Sep 2018 - Fri, 28 Sep 2018
Estoril, Lisboa 2765-192
Mon, 1 Oct 2018 - Fri, 5 Oct 2018
Berlin, Berlin 14057
Tue, 2 Oct 2018 - Thu, 4 Oct 2018