Founded in 2012, the Patient Safety Movement Foundation is a global non-profit organization with a bold goal of ZERO preventable patient deaths in healthcare across the globe. Learn more about our history.
VISION AND MISSION
Our ultimate goal is to get to ZERO preventable patient deaths by 2030!
- Prioritizing safety with patients at the center
- Promoting dignity, compassion and respect in healthcare
- Aligning everyone who influence or is touched by healthcare
- Promoting transparency
- Realigning incentives to achieve safer care
- Informing caregiving, patients and families about patient safety
- Identifying the preventable causes of harm and death, and then create and freely share actionable solutions (Actionable Patient Safety Solutions) to mitigate them.
- Driving the implementation of Actionable Patient Safety Solutions (APSS)
- Asking healthcare technology companies to share data to create a Patient Data Super Highway
- Actionable Patient Safety Solutions (APSS)
The Patient Safety Movement Foundation is not just about information, it is about action! The PSMF has identified 18 challenges that are killing patients and developed 41 solutions, called Actionable Patient Safety Solutions (APSS) to overcome some of the leading patient safety challenges facing hospitals today.
Each APSS is developed by a multidisciplinary workgroup comprised of patient safety experts, healthcare technology professionals, hospital headers, and patient advocates. The Foundation is proud to connect as many stakeholders as possible to focus on how these APSS challenges can be addressed. View all 18 Actionable Patient Safety Solutions.
Each year the Patient Safety Movement Foundation travels around the world collecting patient stories, provider stories on both good catches and tragedies to learn from.
The Patient Safety Movement Foundation continues to grow our resources and are open to accepting any additional information or patient safety update materials that could be helpful to the community. Below are a list of patient safety reference items and documents we hope you will be helpful.
PatientAider is the Patient Safety Movement Foundation’s 1stmobile application. Available on Android Google Play and the Apple App Store, PatientAider can be a valuable source of medical information for you or your loved one’s hospital stay.
Whether you’re at home getting ready for a planned procedure or getting ready to bring a loved one home, PatientAider is designed to tailor your experience. Download PatientAider today and dig into our over twenty topics!
*PatientAider was kindly donated to the Patient Safety Movement Foundation by Mari and Charlie Miceli.
To Download App: https://patientsafetymovement.org/patientaider/
Web view: Patientaider.org
Patient Safety Solutions is the Patient Safety Movement Foundation’s APSS App! This application makes it easy to view our Actionable Patient Safety Solutions directly from your smartphone. Download today to read our APSS on the go!