Founded in 2012, the Patient Safety Movement Foundation is a global non-profit organization with a bold goal of ZERO preventable deaths in-hospitals across the globe. Learn more about our history.
Our ultimate goal is to get to ZERO preventable deaths!
- Unify the healthcare ecosystem (hospitals, healthcare technology companies, government agencies, policy makers, patient advocates, clinicians, engineers, payers, etc.)
- Identify the challenges that are killing patients and create actionable solutions (Actionable Patient Safety Solutions) to mitigate them.
- Ask hospitals to implement Actionable Patient Safety Solutions (APSS)
- Ask healthcare technology companies to share the data their devices are purchased for in other to create a Patient Data Super Highway to help identify at-risk patients
- Promote transparency and aligned incentives
- Promote patient dignity & love
- Educate providers, health professionals in training, patients, and families about patient safety
- Actionable Patient Safety Solutions (APSS)
The Patient Safety Movement Foundation is not just about information, it is about action! The PSMF has identified 18 challenges that are killing patients and developed 34 solutions, called Actionable Patient Safety Solutions (APSS) to overcome some of the leading patient safety challenges facing hospitals today.
Each APSS is developed by a multidisciplinary workgroup comprised of patient safety experts, healthcare technology professionals, hospital headers, and patient advocates. The Foundation is proud to connect as many stakeholders as possible to focus on how these APSS challenges can be addressed. View all 18 Actionable Patient Safety Solutions.
Each year the Patient Safety Movement Foundation travels around the world collecting patient stories, provider stories on both good catches and tragedies to learn from.
The Patient Safety Movement Foundation continues to grow our resources and are open to accepting any additional information or patient safety update materials that could be helpful to the community. Below are a list of patient safety reference items and documents we hope you will be helpful.
PatientAideris the Patient Safety Movement Foundation’s 1stmobile application. Available on Android Google Play and the Apple App Store, PatientAider can be a valuable source of medical information for you or your loved one’s hospital stay. If you or someone you love is in the hospital or heading to the hospital soon, download PatientAider today!
*PatientAider was kindly donated to the Patient Safety Movement Foundation by Mari and Charlie Miceli.
To Download App: https://patientsafetymovement.org/patientaider/
Web view: Patientaider.org
Patient Safety Solutions is the Patient Safety Movement Foundation’s APSS App! This application makes it easy to view our Actionable Patient Safety Solutions directly from your smartphone. Download today to read our APSS on the go!