The Affirm prone breast biopsy system delivers faster, more comfortable procedures by increasing automation, providing superior imaging and giving 360° access to the breast, creating a better experience for patients and providers.1 For detailed product information, please visit www.affirmprone.com.
With high quality 2D or tomosynthesis (3D™) imaging and a field of view that’s more than 6.5 times larger than older generations of prone biopsy systems,¹ clinicians can visualize more tissue and pinpoint subtle lesions and faint calcifications that may not be visible on older systems. It also allows for easy software upgrade from 2D to 3D™ imaging at any time.
Featuring an automated tube-head motion, pre-programmed needle parameters and one-click targeting, the Affirm prone biopsy system is streamlined for efficiency. Its intuitive software and increased automation foster a faster, more efficient workflow, and fewer procedural steps help reduce the chance of manual errors.1
A fully integrated C-arm and bidirectional patient positioning provide a new level of 360° access to the breast, improving access to some of the most challenging lesions.¹ The system features an independently rotating biopsy arm and exclusive lateral needle approach that allows clinicians to switch from a standard to lateral approach in seconds—without additional attachments and without the need to reposition the patient or acquire additional images.
More than 95% of patients reported their Affirm® prone biopsy procedure was faster, more comfortable and less painful than expected.3 The system is designed with patients’ physical and emotional comfort in mind. Direct view of the biopsy needle is eliminated, helping reduce patient stress, and clinicians can quickly identify, target and access lesions to help reduce time spent in compression.¹
The Affirm biopsy system is available in two configurations to meet your facility’s needs.
- The 2D biopsy configuration provides traditional 2D stereotactic biopsy capabilities while also providing superior imaging, a faster easier workflow and improved access to the breast.¹
- The 3D™ biopsy configuration provides all of the capabilities of the 2D configuration, but also adds tomosynthesis-guided biopsy.
Both systems include:
- Bi-directional elevating patient support platform.
- Fully integrated and independently rotating tube-arm, biopsy arm, detector mechanism.
- Exclusive, fully integrated lateral needle approach.
- 180° continuous C-arm rotation.
- Under table and biopsy field work lights (LED, dimmable).
- High resolution color touchscreen biopsy control module.
- DICOM: Worklist, Query/Retrieve, Storage, Storage Commitment, Print.
- 1 set of Paddles: 5 cm x 5 cm (biopsy window) standard, 6 cm x 7 cm Standard, 5 cm x 5 cm axillary, 15 cm (total width) lateral.
- Fine needle guide accessory.
- 1 stool with backrest.
Adjustable height workstation:
- Electronic lift mechanism (40.7 cm vertical travel).
- Workflow display monitor: 17” 1280 x 1024 resolution.
- 2 MP or 3 MP DICOM image display monitors.
For complete details on the Affirm prone biopsy system technical specifications, please refer to the data sheet PDF.
References: 1. Compared to MultiCare® Platinum System 2. Compared to MultiCare® Platinum system and Mammotome MammoTest systems. 3. Survey of 209 patients post-procedure at 3 hospitals, 10 clinicians.
COVID-19 MASTERCLASS – From Diagnosis to post-Covid follow-up!
Speakers Prof. Roberta Polverosi Dr. Diana Penha Prof Paolo... Read more
The Vaccination Nightmare: Delay, Skip, One-Dose, Two-Dose ..... !
People across the world heaved a sigh of relief when the first COVID-19... Read more
Two-Thirds COVID-19 Hospitalisations Due to Four Conditions
Findings from a new study show that a majority of adult COVID-19 hospitalisatio Read more
JOIN OUR ICU COMMUNITY
FDA Grants Emergency Use Authorization for New COVID-19, Flu A, Flu B Combo Kit
One multiplex real-time PCR diagnostic kit can simultaneously detect and... Read more
Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire Point-of-Care Molecular Diagnostics Provider Mesa Biotech
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc . (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving... Read more
Fresenius Medical Care Expands Critical Care Offering With ExThera Medical’s Seraph 100 Adsorber
Fresenius Medical Care, the world’s leading provider of products and services... Read more
Dr. Paul Wischmeyer earns prestigious FASPEN award
The American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN) has... Read more
HANJ Recognizes CSL CEO Paul Perreault as “Humanitarian Man of the Year”
HANJ President David Lechner presented the award to Perreault at the... Read more
Dr. Marcus Schabacker Named ECRI Institute's New Chief Executive Officer and President
ECRI Institute's Board of Trustees announces the appointment of Marcus... Read more
JOIN OUR ICU COMMUNITY
JOIN OUR ICU COMMUNITY