Chief Medical Officer CMO
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) directs all patient care and quality assurance operations related to medical services for Clinicas del Camino Real, Inc. (Clinicas). Provides medical oversight, expertise and leadership to ensure the delivery of affordable quality healthcare to the underserved community. The CMO is a key member of the Executive Management team, engaged in defining the overall business strategy and direction of the organization. Works with an established support system under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer. Interacts with a multi-cultural population of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds, levels of education and ages.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
The CMO performs the following duties and responsibilities:
- Leads and implements the clinical direction of the organization
- Keep abreast of emerging models in health care delivery; identifies and defines new and innovative strategies to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Provides and enforces high quality care with a goal of optimizing the health status of the community
- Formulates medical program policies and procedures; directs and evaluates program development.
- Reviews credentials for and delineates privileges for physicians
- Collaborates in the recruitment and retention of qualified, motivated Clinical staff
- Coordinates professional educational and training programs
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration with medical community and specific institutions
- Continually searches for ways to increase the efficiency of health care services provided by Clinicas
- Monitors and evaluates performance of medical physicians
- Oversees Quality Improvement and Quality Assurance. Chairs monthly Quality Assurance meetings and the quarterly Performance/Quality Improvement committee.
- Provides clinical perspective, analysis, and guidance in relation risk management and any medical liability, malpractice claims.
- Advocates for Clinicas Del Camino Real, Inc. and act as a liaison between administration and the medical staff.
- Strategizes, develops and implements innovative clinical programs that include collaboration with strategic business partners.
- Responsible for selecting, contracting and maintaining relationships with physician advisors who provide the medical expertise in medical and surgical specialties to determine medical necessity and appropriateness.
- Provides physician oversight of medical care management and utilization review. Provides clinical guidance in complex medical decision processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned including participation in all safety programs which may include assignment to an emergency response team.
Must have a current unrestricted license to practice medicine issued by the California State Board of Medical Examiners. Prior administrative and clinical experience. Board eligible or certified in Family Practice, preferably with an MBA, MPH or MPA. Thorough medical and administrative knowledge in analyzing and coordinating healthcare programs. Strategic and innovative thinker with proven ability to communicate a vision and drive results. Demonstrated management, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to solve problems and execute on initiatives. Ability to work collaboratively internally and externally. Demonstrated ability to assess business needs, design and implement programs and evaluate results. Must demonstrate sensitivity to the medical needs of an underserved community.
Clinicas del Camino Real, Inc. has been providing quality primary and preventative health care services to the residents of Ventura County since 1971. Starting as a "free clinic" in Santa Paula, California, Clinicas del Camino Real, Inc. now operates several health center locations within Ventura County.
One element that distinguishes Clinicas del Camino Real, Inc. from the rest is the compassion with which we deliver our services to the general and underserved population in our community. We are proud to have a family of professional and caring individuals who together comprise such a significant entity in the county of Ventura. Ever since our first health center opened its doors over forty years ago, we have continued to grow, improve and expand our services. It certainly would not be possible to accomplish this without the dedication, commitment and ownership that our workforce takes over this prestigious health care organization. If you are someone who wants to work for an organization that makes a difference and have a desire to make an impact on the wellbeing of our local community through your work, we encourage you to apply to become part of our team!