Regional Account Executive - (Southeast)
At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai’s human health care (hhc) mission. We’re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
The purpose of this role is to develop and implement account specific strategies to meet objectives for assigned Regional Payer Accounts. This role serves as the primary point of contact between Eisai and Regional Payer accounts representing Eisai’s product portfolio.
The Market Access Account Executive will be responsible for creating access to Eisai’s product portfolio in Regional Payer accounts while building a strong corporate presence with key managed care and formulary decision-makers and other appropriate stakeholders.
The Market Access Account Executive will be responsible for managing access and policy for Eisai’s products and appropriately communicating status with stakeholders including Market Access Leadership, Field Sales, other Account Executives, Marketing, HEOR and other headquarter personnel. Primary account responsibility is assigned regional accounts. This role is responsible for expertise with negotiating contracts, if applicable, executing brand strategies and tactics at plans, and advocating for access at the local level.
Account executives will also be expected to assist at headquarters or in the field in projects that will optimize brand performance in the various payer channels. These projects may be brand specific, payer-specific or channel-specific.
This Southeast Territory Includes The Following States
AL, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, TX, VA,
- Present the economic value proposition and clinical benefits of Eisai product portfolio to regional account contacts to establish brand access. Negotiate and manage account contracts in support of Eisai product portfolio (as applicable).
- Coordinate with all Account Directors and National Account Executives to work with regional accounts of the national accounts. Review and analyze applicable data to make informed decisions on regional accounts in terms of contract execution and performance. Appropriately communicate coverage for Eisai products to internal Eisai cross-functional stakeholders. Work with various key internal stakeholders to align national account business plans with brand plans and effectively implement those plans at local level. Keep senior management updated on all key issues at account(s) in a timely manner. Develops business plans for customers based on the marketplace within which they operate.
- Work with various stakeholders on projects that optimize the business.
- Drive company-leased vehicle to meetings with health care providers and other appropriate stakeholders and partners. When necessary, travel overnight including within territory and to conferences, training and sales meetings.
- Consistently demonstrate uncompromised integrity while working cross-functionally and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. Strong understanding of legal and regulatory parameters related to market access. Comply with all Eisai promotional and administrative policies and applicable law.
- The candidate should possess strong large customer relationships, business acumen, account knowledge, and contract strategy/negotiation experience
- Four-year college degree or higher
- Strong business and analytical background
- Minimum (10) years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Minimum (5) years in pharmaceutical account management roles
- Excellent market, account, and customer knowledge. Existing relationships in Regional accounts in assigned geography preferred
- Strong negotiating/influencing skills
- Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership skills
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills
- Proven record of success in managing managed care accounts in both pharmacy and medical benefit environments
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and proactively develop plans to meet those needs
- Understanding of environment and government issues affecting the pharmaceutical market
- Ability to revise tactics to align with changing industry trends, market opportunities and competitive threats
- Very knowledgeable of product lifecycle issues; ability to integrate into ongoing customer strategies
- Flexible in approaching each customer as a unique entity
- Domestic travel 80% - when necessary, travel overnight including to conferences, training, and sales meetings
- Eisai requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide valid proof of vaccination as of their start date, to the extent permitted under state law. This requirement is a condition of employment at Eisai, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at an Eisai site, field based or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a medical condition (including pregnancy-related), or because of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to safely and successfully operate a motor vehicle is required.
Eisai requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide valid proof of vaccination as of their start date, to the extent permitted under applicable law. This requirement is a condition of employment at Eisai, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at an Eisai site, field based or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine for qualifying medical reasons (including pregnancy-related), or religious reasons (sincerely held religious beliefs), you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Please Click On The Following Link For More Information
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States.
Right To Work