Executive, Health System Development
Group Integrated Care (GIC) drives and supports the strategic development and implementation of NHG’s Population Health Strategy. GIC achieves this through driving and coordinating integrated care planning and programmes, new clinical capabilities, finance and performance transformation, partnerships and engagement, and key enablers such as digital enablement and workforce transformation. It also supports the development and operations of NHG’s Integrated Care Organisations (ICOs) serving their respective population zones (Central, Yishun and Woodlands). GIC comprises two departments: Clinical Integration and Operations.
The Executive of NHG GIC (Operations), Health System Development will support the Manager in examining, forward planning and continuously develop NHG’s capacity, capability and manpower plans, in line with the needs of our residents as well as the evolving care, service and business models for population health. These efforts will contribute to the delivery of our population health strategy and implementation plans.
He/She will also have to work closely with the other colleagues to ensure congruent planning and development:
- Group Accountable Care (GAC) and GIC who are driving population health efforts;
- ICOs’ Master Planning team who are planning and reviewing their institutional campus plans; and
- Health Services & Outcomes Research (HSOR) who are focusing on population health projections, analysis and geo spatial mapping.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Support the development of the model for NHG Health System Development
- Assist in conceptualising the strategy, principles and scope of NHG’s Health System Development model to develop Capacity, Capability and Manpower for the long term population health needs of our residents.
- Support in developing the role of NHG Health System Development with other stakeholders (e.g. NHG HQ and ICOs (incl NHG PHIs) master planning), including the roles/interactions.
- Assist in defining the success for Health System Development by establishing process and outcomes indicators.
- Support in setting up the Health System Development unit and working committees required to propel discussions for NHG Health System Development model.
- Assist in establishing the governance and reporting structure for periodic strategic update to NHG senior management platforms.
Support in the development and implementation of NHG Health System Development plans
- Collaborate with stakeholders to jointly develop a 10 year road map.
- Engage various parties to align interests, socialise plans and gather requirements.
- Perform data collation and analysis relevant to Health System Development.
- Manage the procurement of external consultancy (if required) and their provision of services through ongoing review.
Contribute to the forward planning for NHG Health System Development
- Perform ongoing market scanning for trends and best practices that will aid the planning and implementation of the project
- Evaluate and revise the model and processes in response to feedback, insights and/or international benchmarks, to ensure continued effective and relevance.
- Monitor and review the implementation progress in terms of its meeting of objectives, timelines, and budget.
- Good bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Having healthcare operations experience will be advantageous, especially in hospital or health campus planning.
- Must possess strong administrative and project coordination skills.
- Strong written, analytical and communication skills.
- Proficient in various computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Independent, self-motivated and result-oriented
- Resourceful and able to work in ambiguous situation with a can-do attitude.
- Attention to detail and able to multi-task and manage various project elements and timelines.