Senior Director of Clinical Experience, Ro Man
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company providing high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth, in-home care, diagnostics, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than eight million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
As the Senior Director of Clinical Experience, Ro Man, you will be the clinical leader of a cross-functional team that builds best-in-class patient experiences for men’s health products and services. You’ll use your medical expertise, research skills, and understanding of men’s health to harness the power of technology to help patients achieve their desired health goals.
On a daily basis, you will partner closely with Ro Man’s general manager as well as colleagues in Product, Marketing, and Operations to create the best, most effective, convenient, and trusted men’s healthcare experience at scale for our patients. You will also collaborate with stakeholders on other teams – ranging from Corporate Strategy to Quality & Safety – to push forward the men’s health roadmap. You’ll also be responsible for liaising with our clinical advisory group and our Ro-affiliated provider group.
Who are you? That's a great question. You have a background in clinical medicine, but you're not a traditional provider. You think outside the box. You understand the clinical and psychological aspects of men’s health. You enjoy helping people and staying current with all the latest research and industry trends. You embrace technology as a way to scale high-quality, healthcare and to do it on the patient’s terms—where and when they need it. You are a strong advocate for patient empowerment through education and access.
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
What You'll Do
- Lead all aspects of clinical work to build and improve our men’s health products and services (encompassing diagnostics, care delivery, and OTC offerings)
- Develop clinical guidelines and protocols across all offerings
- Be the clinical leader on a cross-functional team and provide clinical input into Product, Design, Marketing, Strategy, etc.
- Serve as an internal expert on all aspects of men’s healthcare
- Serve as the men’s health clinical champion for Ro’s affiliated provider practice (encompassing MDs/DOs, NPs, and RNs)
- Communicate with and train providers on the platform on new offerings and best practices in men’s healthcare
- Act as advocates for both patients and providers interacting on our platform
- Partner with teams (e.g., Quality and Safety) and the provider group to optimize care delivery, quality, and safety
- Collaborate with the internal research team and external advisors to shape the research agenda
- Support the Roman strategy roadmap
- Evaluate new offerings, partnerships, and corp dev opportunities from the clinical lens
- Monitor and evaluate new clinical and industry developments
What You'll Bring To The Team
- MD or DO plus at least 7+ years of post-graduate training/patient care experience, industry experience, or a combination; residency completion required; preference given to board-certified urologists and endocrinologists, internal medicine and family medicine physicians with a strong focus on men’s health will be considered
- Advanced knowledge of men’s health (e.g., erectile dysfunction, testosterone deficiency, prostate disorders, cardiac-metabolic conditions, men’s psychology) required
- Prior experience working with product managers and designers strongly preferred
- Adept at mastering new systems (technology) to communicate and execute deliverables
- Comfort with using data and analysis to drive decision-making and optimization of the patient experience
- Strong empathy for patients and desire to build patient-centric care experiences
- Strong literature search and communication skills, including writing
- Familiarity with interpreting and applying medical guidelines and understanding risk management concepts
- Appreciation of technology’s ability to reduce costs and increase access on a national scale
We've Got You Covered
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- A never-ending supply of office snacks + coffee + tea
- The cutest office dog you’ve ever seen
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.