We are hiring!
The European Health Forum Gastein (EHFG) is recruiting a full-time (40 hours per week) programme coordinator. The successful applicant will coordinate a small team responsible for researching and driving the programme of the annual EHFG autumn conference, as well as supporting the production of other EHFG events, content and projects and the development of overall EHFG organisational strategy.
- Responsible for overall coordination of EHFG programme activities throughout the year, including:
- Development of programme partnership & sponsorship models and yearly programme strategy together with the EHFG team
- Helping to conceptualise overall content framing of the yearly EHFG programme, together with the EHFG team and relevant EHFG bodies
- Planning of programme activity timelines in coordination with the team
- Text work relating to EHFG programme activities for external communications, EHFG publications, website and others.
- Responsible for the on-boarding of external EHFG programme partners in cooperation with relevant EHFG team members. This comprises:
- Design, and as needed yearly adaptation, of partnership/sponsorship packages
- Providing information to prospective partners regarding engagement options with the EHFG.
- Supporting the EHFG programme partner application and selection process
- Overseeing contracting processes with confirmed programme partners, as implemented by relevant EHFG team members.
- Oversight of content and logistic coordination of the EHFG annual conference. This comprises:
- Helping to conceptualise the scope of each annual conference & identifying necessary tools and logistic pathways to its implementation
- Being the main point of contact with external programme partners for initial discussions on session concepts and overseeing their implementation, together with the EHFG team (incl. input on session logistics, format, content, and speakers)
- Drafting session abstracts, outlines, speaker invitations, speaker briefings and other texts for conference sessions, as required by and in cooperation with external programme partners.
- Planning of year-round EHFG events and activities from concept to delivery, both virtual and on-site, such as webinars, podcasts, policy roundtables, workshops, and other projects or events, together with the EHFG team and external partners.
- Maintenance of programme content on EHFG website, and depending on skills and interest, support on EHFG design and publication assets (such as for website, posters, publications).
Experience & knowledge
- The successful applicant will be a mid-level professional with relevant work experience in the field of project-, stakeholder- and/or event management.
- Knowledge and experience of the European policy landscape are essential, ideally in the public health arena (topics, processes, European institutions and organisations, key players).
- Confidence in working with a range of stakeholders – i.e. from public and private sector, academia and civil society - is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are essential.
- Familiarity with and interest in digital communication and event tools is essential.
- Familiarity with content management systems such as TYPO3 would be an asset.
You should apply if you…
- enjoy overseeing projects and processes and taking on an active role in change management within a dynamic work environment.
- are a flexible multi-tasker and comfortable with adapting to demanding situations.
- have excellent interpersonal skills including confidence to liaise with diverse partners.
- are interested in (health) policy development and discussions.
- enjoy providing advice and service-oriented support to partners.
- are an enthusiastic team player and enjoy working in a small team with flat hierarchies.
- enjoy making connections and working with different international health stakeholders.
- hold the legal right to live and work in Austria.
The European Health Forum Gastein is an independent, non-partisan organisation, founded in 1998 as a European health policy platform, which has since grown far beyond traditional health policy spaces. Our aim is to provide a neutral and inclusive platform for the discussion and advancement of health, solidarity and equity in the EU and beyond, and our founding principle is the equal representation of all stakeholders.
Start date: January 2022
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Location: EHFG Office in either Bad Hofgastein or Vienna, Austria. Flexible arrangements regarding division of working time from home and office are possible.
To apply: Please send a CV and letter indicating how you fulfil the criterial outlined above via email to [email protected].
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.