SuperSonic Imagine specializes in ultrasound medical imaging. It is part of Hologic, Inc. , an innovative medical technology company primarily focused on improving women’s health and well-being through early detection and treatment.
To grow and continue to innovate in the field of medical ultrasound imaging, Hologic is recruiting an Ultrasound Scientist in its Ultrasound Center of Excellence.The Ultrasound Scientist is in charge of the design, the development, and the optimizations of the imaging modes that are implemented on Hologic ultrasound systems.
Key responisbilities include:
- Ensure the design and the development of medical ultrasound imaging modes
- Guarantee clinical performance of the imaging modes
- Contribute to innovative imaging features implemented on the products
- Ensure clinical and scientific survey
- Analyze clinical needs of the customers and translate them into technical requirements
- Prototype technical solutions that fit technical requirements
- Evaluate and select the most suitable solution
- Document the solution
- Integrate the prototype into the products
- Visit clinical sites to optimize and validate the design
- Attend scientific and clinical congresses
- Physics, electrical/applied mathematics, signal processing or biomedical engineering master’s degree or Ph.D
- More than 5 years of ultrasound engineering experience, Ultrasound platform programming, Ultrasound signal processing
- Matlab or Python prototyping, C/C++ programming desired
- Technical documents writing (report, technical or functional description) in English.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently
- Experience working in clinical settings
The position is based in Aix-en-Provence, France