As a leading provider of mission-critical communication tools for enterprise and government customers, Motorola Solutions, Inc has launched two new mobile solutions exclusively devised to cater for the needs of healthcare providers.
Using the established Android™ Operating System 4.1, the multi-purpose, pocket-size Motorola MC40-HC is the first mobile healthcare computer to include point of care with collaboration and inventory management abilities in an all-touch device. The second SB1-HC smart badge is a thin, wearable mobile appliance designed to improve work processes for healthcare staff such as biomed, dieticians, orderlies and facilities maintenance.
Improved productivity, cost savings as well as improved patient service can be achieved thanks to the innovative computer system. With the improvement of patient care at the forefront of health institutions’ objectives, these innovative models can help establish a mobility strategy in the ever-demanding healthcare environment by offering reliability and expandability,
By combining these latest offerings with Motorola’s MC55HC rugged mobile computer, the MC75AO-HC rugged enterprise digital assistant and the ET1 tablet customized for healthcare use, the company delivers one of the industry’s most extensive specialised mobile computer product portfolios.
Product key facts for the MC40-HC
- Speedy, real-time patient information access portal for vital sign monitoring, medication administration data, ordering of pharmacy and lab items, viewing of test results and more. Accessible from any point within the facility, with immediate data exchange between mobile unit and electronic medical record maintained in the Clinical Information System.
- With advanced data capture, durability, security and manageability to rival consumer smartphones, the device also features popular all-touch display and offers a long lifecycle, protecting TCO and maximising ROI
- Extensions (Mx) from Motorola Solutions enable the transformation of Android’s consumer operating system (OS) to a professional enterprise-class operating system
- Meeting healthcare providers’ workflow requirements with its disinfectant-ready housing, ergonomic design, integrated bar code scanner and pre-loaded push-to-talk (PTT) solution, it is also able to offer voice-optimised WiFi telephony, ensuring compatibility with most commercial programs.
Product key facts for the SB1-HC
- Designed with the mobile, non-clinical staff in mind, this low-cost smart badge device addresses the needs of the disconnected employee by providing the right information at the right time on the right technology at an affordable cost.
- Including an integrated speaker, PTT and headset jack to provide PTT voice features without the need to switch out adapter accessories, it is available in disinfectant-ready white housing and can be worn on the belt, with an armband or neck lanyard. With one battery charge providing over 14 hours of battery life, the device’s 3-inch E Ink® display is easy to read in virtually all lighting conditions.
- Integrated omni-directional 1D and 2D bar code reader streamlines task execution and enhances accuracy, from equipment and building maintenance to patient transport; while the model’s ability to support HTML5 apps contributes to enhanced quality of care by enabling the user to access medical inventory lookup, dynamic task lists and patient identification.
- Able to endure the harsh disinfecting cleaning agents customarily used in the healthcare environment, the new device’s military standard drop specification protects from damage in case of spills, bumps or drops.
Joe White, Motorola Solutions’ VP Enterprise Mobile Computing confirms that the company provides a total healthcare technology solution with the launch of the two innovative models, which are designed to improve operational efficiency and patient safety. “They are ideal for healthcare organizations who want to work with a single vendor to support their healthcare IT needs”, White conluded.
5 November 2013