The 17th Annual DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit is designed as a “Town Hall” style forum that illustrates the DoD, VA and Federal Government’s efforts at facilitating an interoperable and modernized health IT ecosystem. This event will discuss the acquisition and current innovations in technology that are being integrated across the DoD, VA, and Federal Government to further enable a compatible, efficient & secure electronic health record system for all active duty & veterans. It will also detail advancements that have been made to secure medical devices in the healthcare system from various cyber-attacks and breaches.
Topics to be Covered at the 2019 Fall Summit:
- Prioritizing VA OIT infrastructure modernization efforts to improve veteran service
- Aiding in the integration of MHS Genesis for high-quality healthcare delivery throughout the DoD
- Leading VA EHR modernization implementation and deployment efforts to provide ease of care to veterans
- Guiding the VA’s contracting activity in support of major health IT programs
- Current efforts to transform the delivery of healthcare and effective data sharing through a modernized EHR for veterans
- Delivering a modernized MHS that enables a medically ready joint force
- Enhancing the nation’s health IT infrastructure through the supplying of critical information that is accessible at the point of need
- Monitoring the development, deployment, and sustainability of MHS Genesis to deliver modernized, high-quality health services
- Delivering a modernized MHS that enables a medically ready Joint Force
- Providing high-quality healthcare through enhanced multi-service market military treatment facilities
- Ensuring high-quality health IT access for all clinical staff within Army medicine
- Implementing ways to improve patient safety by securing medical devices in the health care system from cyber-attacks and breaches
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Why You Should Attend this Summit
At DSI’s 17th Annual DoD/VA and Government HIT Summit, representatives from the DoD, VA, Government Agencies, academia, and private industry will convene in a ‘Town-Hall’ type setting for the opportunity to further explain how their organization is currently trying to integrate new technologies for a connected Federal health IT approach.
This Summit will detail the various efforts being undertaken across the Federal Government, Military Services, and industry that are aiming to deliver a collaborative, efficient, & secure health care system that ensures Warfighter readiness, improves delivery & quality of care to our nation’s Veterans, and lowers the overall cost of providing this specialized healthcare. At the DoD/VA and Gov. HIT Summit, you will have the opportunity to sit in on intuitive discussions and network with the senior leaders and relevant stakeholders in the community tasked with making a compatible electronic record system for the DoD & VA a reality. This event will also note the advancements that have been made to secure medical devices in the healthcare system from various cyber-attacks and breaches.
The 2019 DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit attendees will be able to learn, share, and connect with our invited senior-level speakers and delegates, as our event will provide a unique viewpoint into the current efforts to deliver a modernized healthcare system that enables actionable, precise decision-making and includes the opportunities and challenges associated with shaping the future of health & healthcare delivery for the MHS.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our summit's content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.