Citing progress on 3M’s strategic priorities including portfolio management, investing in innovation, and business transformation, Thulin described 2014 as a year of strong growth and pointed toward increased investments for the future. “To ensure our long-term success, we will continue to enhance our competitiveness by investing in leadership development, research and development and our new global ERP system,” Thulin said.
Preliminary Shareholder Voting Results
During the annual meeting, 3M shareholders elected each of the 10 nominees to the company’s Board of Directors for a one-year term that expires at the 2016 Annual Meeting by the vote of the majority of votes cast:
- Linda G. Alvarado, president and CEO, Alvarado Construction Inc.
- Sondra L. Barbour, executive vice president, Information Systems and Global Solutions, Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Thomas “Tony” K. Brown, retired group vice president, Global Purchasing, Ford Motor Co.
- Vance D. Coffman, retired chairman of the board and CEO, Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Michael L. Eskew, retired chairman of the board and CEO, United Parcel Service Inc.
- Herbert L. Henkel, retired chairman of the board and CEO, Ingersoll-Rand plc
- Muhtar Kent, chairman of the board and CEO, The Coca-Cola Company
- Edward M. Liddy, retired chairman of the board and CEO, The Allstate Corp., and current partner, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice LLC
- Inge G. Thulin, chairman of the board, president and CEO, 3M Co.
- Robert J. Ulrich, retired chairman of the board and CEO, Target Corp.
Shareholders ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as 3M’s independent registered public accounting firm for 2015.
Shareholders approved, on an advisory basis, executive compensation as described in the proxy statement.
3M will disclose the final voting results on each item of business properly presented at the Annual Meeting in its Current Report on Form 8-K to be filed with the SEC.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Source and image credit: 3M