MIDES Provides Cost-Effective Ultrasound Repair Services

money.jpg

Repair and maintenance of high-tech ultrasound equipment is rapidly becoming a new cost-effectiveness strategy used by hospitals across the globe. One company, Mides, has established itself as a specialist for the repair of ultrasound probes, standard and TEE (Transesophageal Echocardiography) probes. The main reason for the increasing success is attributable to their high-tech laboratory and continuous development of new solutions. Mides experts focus on detection and rectification of electronic, mechanical and other defects in ultrasonic probes, such as coating delamination, cable damage, or shorts, regardless of the manufacturer.

In the past, damaged or defect probes were simply replaced by new ones, as there were no alternatives to repair them. Since already four years MIDES has been offering the repair of ultrasonic probes. In the last year up to 70% of damaged probes could be repaired. "In the meantime we can repair up to 85% of all defective probes we receive. This encouraging increase leads back to the competence of our experts, who continuously work on new solutions in the field of probe repair", says Norbert Minarik, CEO of MIDES. The remaining 15% are those which have so far irreparable damages.

"Nevertheless, our specialists, in collaboration with several universities, are searching for new repair methods with the aim to move this already highly satisfactory percentage of 85% towards 100%", so Minarik. The repair of defective probes has a number of advantages. Probe repair means cost savings for the costumers of up to 60% in comparison to a new purchase. As an ISO certified service provider MIDES uses manufacture equivalent materials to meet the high quality standards of the users. Customers get their probe delivered after MIDES has completed an extensive quality control and a flawless live test on an ultrasound machine.

Published on : Thu, 29 Mar 2012


Print as PDF
Repair and maintenance of high-tech ultrasound equipment is rapidly becoming a new cost-effectiveness strategy used by hospitals across the globe. One comp

No comment


Please login to leave a comment...

Highlighted Products